Defensive Carry banner

Bought a CZ-75 BD

12K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  Nipperdog 
#1 ·
A gun I always wanted to buy but was hard to find was the CZ-75, but a few days ago while at my gun shop the owner said just got in a CZ-75 BD police model in 9mm this morning, you interested? Hell yeah, lets see this bad boy!! Well today I picked it up, gave it a cleaning to get the heavy oil out of the working parts then cleaned the barrel and applied a light coat of Slip 2000 to all areas. Tomorrow I'll be at the range finding out if its as accurate as everyone says they are. No it wont be my carry gun, I have a Bersa BP9cc that takes care of that in spades!! This will be my range & night stand gun, being all steel its too big & heavy to C.C., but it should be a great gun to shoot. The weight and design of the gun should make the recoil very manageable, I will try to get a decent report on my fist impressions with the CZ-75 BD tomorrow.

#10 ·
For everyone simply oozing to see pics of the CZ 75 BD ... click.

Nice choice, BTW. If DA/SA + decockers are your thing, it's hard not to like the BD series. Great guns. :eek:k:

#12 ·
Congrats on the new gun. I think you'll love the CZ. Everyone I know who tries them does.

Just curious. What's the difference between the 75BD Police and the standard 75BD?

#13 ·
Just a few minor changes: The Police model has a loaded chamber indicator, some serrations in a couple of places and a different mag release. The overall pistol mechanics are still the same (other than what I just noted).

#14 ·
Dat-GUMMIT! There was a time when most CZ 75 variants were a well-kept SECRET. Only the most serious of handgunners (including no less that the revered Jeff Cooper) knew, owned and LIKED 'em. Now, every time you yahoos go out & get a nice one (like this BD) the cat gets... further out of the bag. Very, VERY NICE handgun!

Reactions: G-man*
#17 ·
Its a shooter!! After getting back from the range and the CZ is everything I was told it would be. The accuracy was unbelievable and very consistent, I sent 150rds of 115 fmj downrange with no issued. The felt recoil was so light I'm sure the weight and low bore axis are both factors in this.

I can see why this CZ-75-BD Police is used by police and military worldwide after just one session at the range the spot on accuracy & reliability are making a believer out of me. In the near future I'll be sending some defensive rounds downrange to make sure there are no issues, but if today was any indicator I doubt I'll have any problems.

One thing I'm not sure of, is it okay to use P or Plus P 9mm ammo?

#18 ·
Your CZ will shoot +P with no problem. The standard NATO 9mm round is equivalent to +P and any CZ 'duty' test would include many of those rounds down the pipe. I've read that +P+ is OK as well, but I've never cared to run any through mine. I don't see too much reason for the +P for that matter, but whatever makes you feel good carrying is good in my book!

#21 ·
Archer51, the loaded chamber indicator is just a very small pin that is barely visible nothing like what you see on a Ruger SR series of guns. Fact is until you told me it had one I wasn't aware of it. After I loaded a round in the chamber to see what it looked like it protrudes just enough to barely feel it if you were in low light conditions. It wouldn't be a deal breaker IMO, but the only way to know for sure is to check one out and see if its a issue for you. TX expat thanks for the info on the +P ammo good to know there's no problem if I do use it.

#31 ·
After looking at several options from several companies like Hiviz & Meprolight on sights I decided on Cajun Gun Works and placed an order for there EZ Drift rear sight and the fiber optic front sight package. Should have the sights in a week and after install I'll let you know how they work for me. Thanks for all the help on who has CZ-75 sights, it saved me a lot of time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.