New SIG Followed Me Home!

This is a discussion on New SIG Followed Me Home! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently filed my income taxes and was pleasantly surprised that I was getting a refund from the state instead of having to pay more! ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New SIG Followed Me Home!

I recently filed my income taxes and was pleasantly surprised that I was getting a refund from the state instead of having to pay more! So, naturally, I had to figure out what to do with some of that money. I don't trust just leaving it in banks!

So I happened to stop by the LGS this evening and low and behold there was a brand new Sig P238 in the showcase that didn't even have a price tag on it yet! The owner was in the process of unpacking a shipment he had just received. My wife purchased a P238 "Rainbow" for herself a year ago and I shot it, loved it, and felt that someday I'd like to get one myself. (Not necessarily the "Rainbow" model, however) With summer coming up in a couple of more months (hopefully) and looking forward to the days when I can once again dress in cargo shorts and tanktops, which makes concealing a full size 1911 a bit difficult, I was thinking ahead. As it turned out, that sweet little P238 Rosewood had my name written all over it.

The attached pics are from the Sig Sauer website, but this is what it looks like.
    Attached Images
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

This must be Sig week on here. Makes me want to go out and buy another Sig.
    Pinot, SigIsTheAnswer and OldVet like this.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Congrats on the Sig!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Just be wearing in about a week you will be buying a sig 938 to go with it ( dont ask )

but nice guns and I like the CT laser and holster pack they make for it .. Works out very nice
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Saw a P938 Eclipse the other day. I drooled. I was very close to beggin my other half and promising to buy her anything she wanted just to take that pistol home.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

Agreed the P938 will be following you home soon

Love the P238...great shooter...I agree with the others. I have a p238 but then I had to have a P938 as well. They make the perfect pair! Enjoy the P238 and shoot the heck out of it!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I have a P238, so does my wife. Great little pistols. Mine is in my pocket as I get ready to do the morning workout.

I've no desire for P938. I've held one and frankly, as well as I can shoot the P238, I don't need a 938.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Nice. A quality pistol, no doubt about it.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

— Captain Bellamy

There really isn't a better 380 out there. I have the SAS and it's smooth as butter to shoot plus pocket carries like a dream.

Congrats! These are such good looking little pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyF View Post
    There really isn't a better 380 out there. I have the SAS and it's smooth as butter to shoot plus pocket carries like a dream.
    Does it pocket carry easily? I have the 938 and for me, it can't be pocket carried in even my baggiest pants. I have been considering the 238, but if it is so close in size to he 938, then it be needed. How does it compare to say an LCP or TCP? Larger I assume, but close?

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Congrats, hope it serves you well.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Great choice. My wife just purchased her first carry weapon. It is also a Sig P239 (Lady) very nice little shooter, too bad it's got a flower on the top of the slide....
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese....RLTW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links