Another Sig! Ordered a p238

This is a discussion on Another Sig! Ordered a p238 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went down to the LGS today and looked at the Ruger LCP, Sig p238, and S&W Bodyguard. I had been looking for a pocket carry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Another Sig! Ordered a p238

Went down to the LGS today and looked at the Ruger LCP, Sig p238, and S&W Bodyguard. I had been looking for a pocket carry gun for deep concealment. I went in expecting to buy an LCP, but left set on the p238. I understand the LCP is not a fun gun to shoot, but will do the job it is intended for. Ultimately, I decided I'd rather have a gun I would also enjoy taking to the range.

I was kind of taken aback by the price they wanted at the LGS, so I decided to shop around. Put up a bid on a p238 Sport and won with a very VERY good price. It should be here within the next week! Will give a report when it comes in.

pix588150296.jpg

Congrats. Hope you love it as I do mine. I see the same thing in this area. LGS wants over $700 for them, but on gunbrokers prices in the low $500s seem to be if not common at least almost always there.

I just sold a P238. It is an easy shooting gun. Never had an issue with it. I just didn't like carrying in a pocket cocked and locked. Bought a Kahr CW380 and love it too.

I have the P238 Extreme. Having second thoughts about what use I have for this gun.

Academy Sports sells the P238 base model for $499.

Congrats. These SAO Sigs are quite popular around here lately.
    Eric357 likes this.

Congrats! I just picked one up at the LGS a couple of days ago. My wife bought one about a year and a half ago, I had shot it, and decided I wanted one too for summer carry if I ever got a few extra dollars. Found out I was getting a refund from the state, saw the gun, got it for a good price, and it came home with me. Check out SIGS website. They are having a "March Mag Ness" sale going on this month while supplies last. Look under specials or promotions. They are selling 3 P238 .380 or 3 P938 9mm mags for $110 including shipping. That's a pretty good price as I paid $47 for one mag at a local dealer for my wife's gun just before Christmas.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Everyone is coming down with the SIGness! Excellent. I knew my name sake would catch on eventually!
    Buckman60, Eric357 and deadsexy like this.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    Everyone is coming down with the SIGness! Excellent. I knew my name sake would catch on eventually!
    Yea, it seems to be pretty contagious!

Congrats on the new Sig. I'm sure it will treat you well.
    Eric357 likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Congrats on a great gun! I have P938 and P238. I love both of these guns! The P238 is a great soft shooter. I am very accurate with it. It also has a great safety so I don't worry about carrying cocked and locked.
    Eric357 likes this.

Thanks guys! Now comes the hard part -- waiting for it. Truth be told, I found myself not carrying my larger Sig at times for various reasons. Even though my other sig conceals very well, I have anti-CCW family members (parents and soon to be in-laws) that I won't carry around for fear of even printing a little. The other situation is having to don and doff an IWB holster while in dress clothes in my car is such a hassle that I stopped carrying in that situation too. I think a pocket gun is the perfect solution to both of those issues.

I was really convinced I was going to go with the LCP; it's smaller, lighter and fit my budget that I wanted to spend better. But, I know I'm getting top quality with the sig, and of course you can't put a price on something that could save your life.
    JDE101 likes this.

great pistol.

bet you'll sell it in 3 months and get the 938...
    Eric357 likes this.

I keep going back and eyeing its big brother the 938. They do seem to ne very popular guns on here.

I picked up the exact same thing for the exact same reasons.

Eric357 likes this.

Lead Moderator
    I've always said SIGs are like potato chips... You can't have just one!!
    Eric357 likes this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links