Pocket carry with SCCY CPX2

This is a discussion on Pocket carry with SCCY CPX2 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone pocket carry a SCCY CPX gen 2 ? I am going to look at one tomorrow. I am looking for a quick stuff ...

Thread: Pocket carry with SCCY CPX2

Pocket carry with SCCY CPX2

Does anyone pocket carry a SCCY CPX gen 2 ? I am going to look at one tomorrow. I am looking for a quick stuff in a pocket and go gun for occasional use. Im not a fan of any of the .380 guns..they are too small. The CPX2 is half an inch shorter in both bareel length and height than my shield, yet packs 10 rounds into a small gun. If you do pocket carry, what works for you? I would prob end up carrying it in either a back pocket or a front hip pocket depending where it fits best. Also, it would make a nice BUG too.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I love mine but don't pocket carry because I can't seem to enforce the habit of not putting other things in my pockets.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

IMO, it's a bit big for pocket carry, but it is damn fine weapon for the price.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

It's light enough to pocket carry but it's really bulky. I've owned one before and yes I've pocket carried it. It's possible, but not recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too big.to pocket carry. I am amazed at what some like to consider as a pocket gun.

I like the length/height of the CPX2. The weight I can accept. But the width seems a bit fat for pocket carry, for me. Haven't owned one, but have handled them quite a bit, mulling over whether they would be suitable. (Have pocket carried many different revolvers and pistols.)

It'll depend on the curve of your thigh, the cut of your pants, the size/shape of your pockets. Should work, if all of those are accommodating of a somewhat-thicker pocket pistol and the holster to wrap around it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    IMO, it's a bit big for pocket carry, but it is damn fine weapon for the price.
    Second this. It's light enough, but it's just too thick to really pockey carry.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Links