Anyone Seen an M&P Bodyguard Yet?

This is a discussion on Anyone Seen an M&P Bodyguard Yet? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi All, I'm very interested in the new M&P Bodyguard. I've seen a lot of discussion about it here & there, and it's shown on ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By Cobobarson

Thread: Anyone Seen an M&P Bodyguard Yet?

Hi All,

I'm very interested in the new M&P Bodyguard. I've seen a lot of discussion about it here & there, and it's shown on the S&W website, but I've yet to see one for sale anywhere.

Any idea of a release date?

TIA
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

VIP Member
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    I was in Gander just looking and I was wondering the same thing.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Thanks, Mike!

I guess they have finally hit the street. That's the first I've seen of one actually for sale, other than an "advance pre-order" or some such.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Also here for cheaper, I myself was looking at one previously.

SMITH AND WESSON MP BODYGUARD 380 CARRY CONCEAL PISTOL | Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobobarson View Post
    Also here for cheaper, I myself was looking at one previously.

SMITH AND WESSON MP BODYGUARD 380 CARRY CONCEAL PISTOL | Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore
    Thanks!

I like their price better, but they're showing "Out of Stock".
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

I fondled one this week at my local indoor range and though I don't have much experience with the original model that had the laser, the new version impressed me. It has a better trigger than the LCP hands down and had a comfortable grip. I haven't shot either version, but if I was in the market to replace my LCP, I would definitely consider the Bodyguard.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    It looks just like a standard Bodyguard. Except for the Fish Scale Serrations. If it was striker fired I would be super interested. As it stands I already have a BG and the da trigger is meh. Was hoping for a trigger upgrade into a striker or even a SA trigger like the Sig 238 and 938's. I wonder if the magazines from the original BG will fit the "new and improved" BG.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

I don't see any reason to upgrade to that over the current bodyguard (if you already own one). I like (don't love) my "old" bodyguard. I shoot it well, and its very easy to carry in various ways, but the long heavy trigger is less than ideal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

My LGS still has the old model in stock. I sold mine after dealing with the awful trigger. It would be such a great gun if they would just improve the trigger pull.

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Thank you! Finally people who agree with me on the LONG and wonky trigger pull. And the pull is not consistent at all. The gun would be a rock star if they would go SA like the Sig's or striker fire like the glock 42. S&W please hear my plea!!!
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

RWD
    Hi guys,
    I just got one but have not shot it yet. I'm having a hard time finding 380 ammo. I believe the only difference from the old BG is the M&P stamp on the slide and the fish scale serrations as stated above. I can't wait to take it to the range.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Thanks!

I like their price better, but they're showing "Out of Stock".
    Oh wow, that was fast. They were in stock when I posted the link which is why I posted it in the first place!

ETA: Here they are again, currently in stock, at Kentucky Gun Co http://www.kygunco.com/smith-and-wes...k-pistol-72235

Quote Originally Posted by Cobobarson View Post
    Oh wow, that was fast. They were in stock when I posted the link which is why I posted it in the first place!

ETA: Here they are again, currently in stock, at Kentucky Gun Co Smith & Wesson Model M&P Bodyguard 380 6RD 2.75in Matte Black Pistol
    Well, thanks again!

I've had a change in plans, though - since my post this morning, I've blown my gun budget - Just ordered another 1911!
    Afraid the BG will have to wait!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

I have seen them locally. Same as the old one i guess but no laser was the only real difference same well to put it truly kinda crappy trigger unfortunately. We are currently looking for a Pocket .380 thought that the Bodyguard may be what we wanted..Wife loved the way it felt in hand and hated its trigger..I think we will end up with a TCP instead based on good reviews and tons better trigger...put a TCP/Kahr heck even Glock trigger on the Bodyguard and it would be the best one on the market IMO.

They were asking $349 BTW

Links