VZ Grips Arrived

This is a discussion on VZ Grips Arrived within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like the stock grips my Remington R1 Enhanced came with but they're just a bit too aggressive for extended shooting. I replaced them with ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By RightyLefty
  • 1 Post By 1911er
  • 1 Post By Smarshe
  • 1 Post By WHEC724
  • 1 Post By SgtRick
  • 2 Post By NETim

Thread: VZ Grips Arrived

VIP Member

VZ Grips Arrived

I like the stock grips my Remington R1 Enhanced came with but they're just a bit too aggressive for extended shooting. I replaced them with a pair by Wicked Grips. They were awesome for extended shooting, but not all that great for carry. They weren't aggressive enough.

So, after hearing nothing but great things about VZ, I checked out their page. It seriously took me almost a full 7 days to decide on a pair because I liked them all. I ended up going with these and they really are the perfect balance for extended shooting and carry. They also aren't that bad looking either.

Also, for PAcanis here's a picture of the sights. Sorry, I meant to post it sooner.

"Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Love my VZ grips on my SR1911 CMD too!

blitzburgh likes this.

Settling on grips is one of the harder chores on a 1911. Too little or too much stippling can interfere with front and rear grip stippling, for example. Not everyone likes smooth grips, or wood, thick or thickest, or golf crater grips. Just because something looks good doesn't mean that it will work well.

I tried the VZ 320s and while they looked good they soaked up the pistol oil & cleaning solutions like crazy, leaving streaks and stains. I felt quite a few VZ grips at a local gun show and didn't like anything.ymmv. How some guys can shoot the really aggressive grips is beyond me. My big complaint is one of colour, or the lack thereof. I wanted a light tan. I had no luck. But at least some can be gotten in a slim grip.

But experience notwithstanding, I am delighted that you like yours. Many, many guys love their VZs.
    blitzburgh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post

I like the stock grips my Remington R1 Enhanced came with but they're just a bit too aggressive for extended shooting. I replaced them with a pair by Wicked Grips. They were awesome for extended shooting, but not all that great for carry. They weren't aggressive enough.

So, after hearing nothing but great things about VZ, I checked out their page. It seriously took me almost a full 7 days to decide on a pair because I liked them all. I ended up going with these and they really are the perfect balance for extended shooting and carry. They also aren't that bad looking either.

Also, for PAcanis here's a picture of the sights. Sorry, I meant to post it sooner.

Looks great!
    blitzburgh likes this.

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Congrats. They're pricey, but well worth it. The wood-grains that I put on my snubby see hard use, but still look brand new.
    blitzburgh likes this.

I have VZ's on all my 1911's. They look great and I find them to be very functional yet comfortable. Lots of options as far as colors and textures. Great grips all around.
    blitzburgh likes this.

Gun control is being able to hit your target.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

OP II's:

tiggercqb.jpg
    blitzburgh and WHEC724 like this.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Congrats. They're pricey, but well worth it. The wood-grains that I put on my snubby see hard use, but still look brand new.
    Indeed. It's expensive enough to end up with a drawer of holsters, the last thing I need cutting into my gun funds is also having a drawer of grips. With so many great looking options, it was hard to decide. Also, shopping online and not being able to actually feel any of the patterns made it a bit more difficult as well. Luckily, I picked out a winner and the search is over. At least, for this gun.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Looks great! My P220 will soon be getting new shoes from Grip4U.com
    Peace is our Profession, War is just a Hobby---Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Guaranteed Worldwide Delivery in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman II--- SAC WILL BE BACK!

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar
    VZ will probably go on my Series 70 Gov't after I get some Wilson Combat mags. Priorities, priorities !
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    VZ Grips rock
    I have a set of on my CZ 75,great product
    The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke

Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    VZ Grips rock
    I have a set of on my CZ 75,great product
    Which ones did you get?
    Glock 27
    CTAC Holster

Links