Walther CCP

Walther CCP

This is a discussion on Walther CCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks like Walther has a new carry pistol. CCP - Concealed Carry Pistol - Walther Arms...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Walther CCP

Walther CCP

Looks like Walther has a new carry pistol.

CCP - Concealed Carry Pistol - Walther Arms
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Cool. I'm glad that they have finally updated their website. Personally, I am interested as mentioned in the previous CCP thread.

Was excited till I saw the manual safety.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Sorry... missed the previous thread.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Was excited till I saw the manual safety.
    Then don't use the safety. I wouldn't down a weapon because it has a feature you don't like but gives you the choice to use it or not. To me that just gives you an option to utilize it if you so choose.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

Lets beat another dead horse on the manual safety issue.

I'll take my PPS over it, though I'll definitely find and handle one someday, just to see how the PPQ's design fits into a smaller form. Not digging the external safety, I don't have a problem with them, but a small safety on a small gun just makes it hard for me to manipulate.

Lead Moderator
    I like it on paper. Undercut trigger guard, standard (US) mag release and safety all interest me. How well it shoots and works on the range will be the final factor. I'm sure the magazines will be pricey.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    I would like to shoot one, if it's anything like the PPQ it's a winner. Right now the PPQ is the most underrated firearm I have seen in quite some time, it's a gem.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I see no advantages of this over the PPS.
    Czombie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    Then don't use the safety. I wouldn't down a weapon because it has a feature you don't like but gives you the choice to use it or not. To me that just gives you an option to utilize it if you so choose.
    I want as few potential points of failure on my defensive guns as possible. There is absolutely NO chance of a gun without a safety having the safety accidently engaged however there is always a chance (albeit small) that if a gun DOES have a manual safety that the manual safety could be accidently engaged. There are plenty of folks out there that don't see it from my perspective and have no issue having a manual safety that they just don't use. More power to those folks. I have personally had way to much bad luck with seemingly small things when it comes to gun so I try to keep everything as simple and idiot proof as possible.
    10thmtn likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar

I thought Walther already had a CCP. It's called a PPS.

The new pistol is just slightly larger and thicker than a PPS. I just don't get it. Why? Are they getting rid of the PPS? If so I better get one while I can.

Quote Originally Posted by SigIsTheAnswer View Post
    Beg to disagree. If you are going to carry a sidearm with a manual safety, you need to practice sweeping the safety to the "fire" position, even if you do not ever put it on "safe," just in case the safety gets bumped to "safe" without you realizing it.

I've had lasers switched "on" by mistake. I've had magazines come loose in the holster because the mag catch got bumped. Strange things happen. Assuming your gun is set to "fire" without sweeping the safety is a bad idea, IMHO.
    scottync likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Beg to disagree. If you are going to carry a sidearm with a manual safety, you need to practice sweeping the safety to the "fire" position, even if you do not ever put it on "safe," just in case the safety gets bumped to "safe" without you realizing it.
    - Not to mention that you may inadvertently do it when handling the firearm. Stranger things have happened.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links