Glock 23 gen 2 trade for lcp ??

This is a discussion on Glock 23 gen 2 trade for lcp ?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Would you trade a lcp with night sigts etc for a stock gen 2 23 glock ... I am thinking I wont as he wants ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 23 gen 2 trade for lcp ??

Glock 23 gen 2 trade for lcp ??

Would you trade a lcp with night sigts etc for a stock gen 2 23 glock ... I am thinking I wont as he wants cash on top too ... And I am seeing how cheep 40 glocks are ...What do you all think ?
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

2. Remove Ads

Unless you hate your LCP, I wouldn't. I myself am not that fond of pocket Rugers, but they do have a purpose. I shot my friends LC9. It does take some getting used to.
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

I am not sure on the LCP .. One hand nice to have a pocket gun but I have others ... But this is the smallest of them ...

Really my hang up was that this was a gen 2 ... Some like them some dont I have never handel fired a gen 2 so I am not sure ...
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Hmmmm, trading a S&W 40 for a 380.
    I would pass, the LCP is the great lil mouse.
    Think you might regret it later.

Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    Hmmmm, trading a S&W 40 for a 380.
    I would pass, the LCP is the great lil mouse.
    Think you might regret it later.

Yeah I am half thining it .. Esp as I am not sure the company who put the night sights on is still in business .. So that could be tricky if I wanted to pick it up again

Distinguished Member
    I take a glock any day over a ruger.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Rugers are great guns, I have owned many and liked them. IMO Glocks are superior firearms, not by much but they are superior. Since the Glock is older, the condition would probably be the deciding factor for me.

I wouldn't get hung up on the Gen 2 issue. A lot of people like Gen 2s better than newer Glocks. If both guns were in good condition, I don't think there's a whole lot of difference in value. Used LCPs are pretty cheap. Not sure about the "night sights" on the LCP, but a lot of people don't even use sights on mouse guns, so they may not add much value. I would do the trade if I needed a range gun or larger EDC but I wouldn't add cash to the deal. If I pocket carried a lot, I wouldn't trade my LCP. They are hard to beat for pocket guns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by bobandmikako; March 21st, 2014 at 06:56 AM.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Would you trade a lcp with night sigts etc for a stock gen 2 23 glock ... I am thinking I wont as he wants cash on top too ... And I am seeing how cheep 40 glocks are ...What do you all think ?

Id be all over that,first off LCPs dont have sights so I dont know where you came up with this Night Sight option...maybe u ment lazer?

GEN2 glocks work just as good as any glock ,typical used trade in Gen2 22s and 23s sell for 299-350 so value wise its a close match
    im not a fan of the LCP myself so for me it would be a no brainer..

I grabbed a G22 a few weeks ago for 299.00 ,cop trade in and its been perfect
    I added new night sights from a BUDS sale and a 3.5# trigger and the gun plain rocks..I am adding the glock to my bug out bag
    The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Well obviously the two pistols fill different rolls. If you already have other "pocket pistols" that you can live with, I'd do the trade and not think twice.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Distinguished Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    Depending on the cash ($50 or so?) I would. If I still had my LCP.

The 2 guns are at the opposite ends of the spectrum in purpose.

I have a gen 2 GLOCK 19 with many rounds through it and nary a problem. Only thing done to it is change the recoil spring just because it's recommended.

If you really need ?? a pocket pistol keep the Ruger and buy the GLOCK. Otherwise trade and never look back.

I to am wondering about the night sights.

Innovative Arms does a sight upgrade for the LCP.
    SilencerTalk ? View topic - Ruger LCP Night Sight Upgrade
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

What do you want more? However, if you decide to trade, I would do it as a straight trade. No cash. IMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links