Best Kahkis Pocket Carry...Special Way to Secure Gun in Pocket?

This is a discussion on Best Kahkis Pocket Carry...Special Way to Secure Gun in Pocket? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dear Folks, I am very uncomfortable carrying IWB and am most comfortable with pocket carry. (I have a Kahr CM9, always carry in a holster). ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GentlemanJim
  • 1 Post By stylus
  • 1 Post By squid86

Thread: Best Kahkis Pocket Carry...Special Way to Secure Gun in Pocket?

Dear Folks,

I am very uncomfortable carrying IWB and am most comfortable with pocket carry. (I have a Kahr CM9, always carry in a holster). I don't think the CCW Breakaways are for me... Having said that, I usually wear dress kahkis. I'm looking for that style of dress casual pant with deep pockets that are reinforced with a fairly large opening (front pocket). Also, does anyone make some sort of "gizmo" (maybe Velcro related) that would help to attach the holster to the inside-upper area of the pocket? Instead of having the holstered gun rest at the very bottom of the pocket as usual? This would seem to be a unique solution to the problem of pocket carry in that the weight of the gun would rest against the leg (on the inside thigh area of the pocket) instead of acting as dead weight at the bottom of the pocket.

So I'm first looking for a suggestion for stylish pants to fit the bill and second, a way to fasten the holster more to the side of the pocket?

Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Dave

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    I have a local harness maker who has modified a few things for me and any seamstress can add Velcro to the inside of your pocket.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Distinguished Member
    The two I like are Tru-Spec 24-7 and Dickies pants. They both have large front pockets.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

KoB
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    The two I like are Tru-Spec 24-7 and Dickies pants. They both have large front pockets.
    +1 for Tru-Spec 24/7 pants! Cargo pants with large pockets that can be worn casual or dress; check em out.

Thanks to all who have posted, I appreciate the information.

Dave

I needed to get some more khaki's for work so I went shopping today. Just for fun I wore my AIWB holster on my right side as I will once I get my CCL and my cell phone on the left side. I didn't find any pants but did find some shirts that will go well. Problem I'm running into is I'm very small and don't have a lot of IWB real estate. I'm using a deep conceal AIWB holster from the holster store for my Sig P238. Even as small as it is I only have about a hands worth of room between my hip bone and my last rib and it's not the most comfortable thing when sitting. Good news is when wearing a sweatshirt and jeans even reaching up the holster didn't show, in fact I had more trouble with the cell phone. I hate things in my front pockets so will have to be somewhat uncomfortable or carry in my purse. BTW I get my khakis from LL Bean.

I find that Dockers have very large pockets...have even been able to pocket carry my Glock 26 in them.

If you want to raise the pocket holster up, simply use safety pins to shorten the pocket.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by acroreef View Post
    Dear Folks,

I am very uncomfortable carrying IWB and am most comfortable with pocket carry. (I have a Kahr CM9, always carry in a holster). I don't think the CCW Breakaways are for me... Having said that, I usually wear dress kahkis. I'm looking for that style of dress casual pant with deep pockets that are reinforced with a fairly large opening (front pocket). Also, does anyone make some sort of "gizmo" (maybe Velcro related) that would help to attach the holster to the inside-upper area of the pocket? Instead of having the holstered gun rest at the very bottom of the pocket as usual? This would seem to be a unique solution to the problem of pocket carry in that the weight of the gun would rest against the leg (on the inside thigh area of the pocket) instead of acting as dead weight at the bottom of the pocket.

So I'm first looking for a suggestion for stylish pants to fit the bill and second, a way to fasten the holster more to the side of the pocket?

Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Dave
    I took a couple pair of pants to a local tailor and talked about having the pocket material replaced with a heavier fabric and the pocket made a bit deeper for my gun. She asked to see my gun & pocket holster so she could compare and get measurements. They were ready the next day.

Any apprehensions she had went away when I handed her a $20 tip :)
    charliefox likes this.

I find that these Dockers are dressier than cargo pants, they have a hidden pocket on the right thigh that zips shut. It is the perfect size for a 238 or Lcp in a pocket holster with enough room to draw but small enough to keep the oistol from moving out of the draw position. It may be large enough for your Kahr.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-885...argo-pants.jsp

It may be what you ar looking for if I understand hat you are asking correctly.

Sent from my iPad

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    +1 for Dockers. they are really comfy and have good deep pockets. if i have to wear pants i wear these. bu usually i wear wrangle cargo shorts, also have good pockets. i always have my gun with me so when i try on pants thats one thing i always check.
    stylus likes this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Sponsored Links