M&P shield owners??

This is a discussion on M&P shield owners?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; M&P Shield owners,anybody carry with safety off?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: M&P shield owners??

M&P shield owners??

M&P Shield owners,anybody carry with safety off?

2. Remove Ads

Always off.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Sorry for the double post ........................

I carry with it on. My practice draws include disengaging the safety when I bring to aim. At the range, every shot starts with the safety on so I disengage as part of my aim/shot.

And, of course, always draw as if the safety were off... booger hook far away from the trigger.

None of the local ranges allow working from a holster, so I have to train however possible - practice draws/dry firing and making the best of live fire exercises.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster1 View Post
    I carry with it on. My practice draws include disengaging the safety when I bring to aim. At the range, every shot starts with the safety on so I disengage as part of my aim/shot.

And, of course, always draw as if the safety were off... booger hook far away from the trigger.

None of the local ranges allow working from a holster, so I have to train however possible - practice draws/dry firing and making the best of live fire exercises.
    Same here. I have gotten very good at disengaging the safety as I draw. It has become part of the motion for me and it doesn't seem to cost me any time whatsoever.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Yes. Off. I'm a lefty, so can't activate safety with draw hand.

VIP Member
    I carry with it on all the time. I practice disengaging the safety both at the range and at home under safe conditions. It's almost second nature now to turn it off when drawing it from my holster.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

With it off. Just because the other guns I owned before I got my shields didn't have safeties so learned to carry that way.

LC9 here, but it's a similar gun in terms of size, caliber, and operation. Usually I carry safety "on."

Yes that adds a point of failure and no disrespect to those carry safety "off." Can not argue with that.

Just don't want to be that guy who shoots himself in the leg, and I figure if I have to start thinking gun, then I'll think about the safety, the draw, and not have a time penalty. All the Glock and similar owners out there are doing fine and not shooting themselves and that's great. So we're all good.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

off for me at all times, wish it didn't have one at all

I use it just because I'm used to it and using a safety.

Have non M&P with safety. Contemplating this question. I don't see any personal safety issues. My firearm has a Glock like trigger safety. Really good holster. Good draw practise. But if a DA ever asks, yes sir my safety was on before I drew.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

I keep the safety on, I've learned to flick it off during the withdrawing process, pretty easy with the Shield.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    Brought to you by S&W M&P Shield 9mm, Holstered by Alien Gear

I use the safety on mine when I appendix carry. Makes my equipemunk feel a little safer.

Always off. Guess they just put it on there for the people who wanted one. Doesn't get in the way for me and it's just like it big brother it doesn't have a exterenal safety or mine don't so I carry my Shield in my pocket with safety off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links