Beretta 92/90Two

Beretta 92/90Two

This is a discussion on Beretta 92/90Two within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I can conceal my Sig P226 can I conceal a Beretta 92 or 90Two?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92/90Two

Beretta 92/90Two

If I can conceal my Sig P226 can I conceal a Beretta 92 or 90Two?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    - Edmund Burke

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    The Beretta is about 3/4 inch Longer than the Sig - but it's do-able

You could also find a used Beretta Compact or Centurian
    ( 1/2 " shorter than the 92 )
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

VIP Member
    I can easily conceal 2 Beretta 92s or Sig P226/220s or S&W N-Frames 3" (44 mags). I can also conceal the S&W 500 Mag 4".

So why couldn't you conceal a full size gun?
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

You could conceal a shotgun if you try hard enough.

That said, I figure I am slightly rounder than average build, and at this moment, I carry a Taurus PT-101 (Beretta clone) IWB, and have for nearly 12 years. The only people that have ever known were the ones that I allowed to know.

I have had the best luck with a Bianchi Pistol Pocket. I purchased mine shortly after I bought the gun, and it has been as much a constant companion as the gun itsself. There are other fine manufacturers out there, my selections were limited back then. Now with the Net, you can find holsters in any flavor you might care for and several you will not like.

VIP Member
    I'm only 5'6" 165 Lbs. and I can conceal my Beretta 92 and 96 guns thanks to the two IWB holsters I own for the guns....heck, I can also conceal my HK USP full-size .45 ACP as long as I wear the right clothes for it.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Yes it is doable, how well depends on the type of carry and proper holster. I have carried a 92 in a belly band, not the most comfortable but nobody knew. I myself like quality pancake holsters, my new favorite holster is the Bianchi Carry Loc, I suggest you check them out.
    Enjoy the 92, I have an Italiam made one that I love.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

i conceal a 92 compact without any difficulty other than the weight of the gun draggin on my belt. i don't think the extra 1/2" of grip on the full size would cause me any trouble.

yes you can if you work on it. it will heavy, but if you get the correct holster that will work it self out.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by absit View Post
    If I can conceal my Sig P226 can I conceal a Beretta 92?
    I presume the reason you want to conceal the Beretta 92 is because you own one. But would you ever buy a Beretta 92 for concealment purposes if you were starting from scratch?

I assume that your basic objective is to CCW with a 15+1 round 9mm pistol that is reliable and accurate. In shopping for such a gun, I would think you might quickly eliminate the Beretta 92 because of its size and weight, as shown on the Beretta website:

Weight empty........34.4 oz.
    Barrel length..........4.9 inches
    Total length...........8.5 inches
    Height...................5.4 inches
    Width....................1.42 inches

There are several 9mm guns with 15+1 round capacity that are so much easier to conceal, and as reliable and accurate as the Beretta 92. For example, the Glock 19 has the following specs:

Weight empty.......23.5 oz.
    Barrel length.........4.0 inches
    Total length..........6.85 inches
    Height..................5.0 inches
    Width...................1.18 inches

The G19 would save you 11 ounces in weight, 1.65 inches in length, 0.4 inches in height and 0.25 inches in width, making it much easier to conceal and carry all day with no sacrifice in firepower. Several other guns from Walther, Springfield etc. offer similar specs to the Glock 19.

So why would you pick a Beretta 92 for CCW?

The idea is to carry off-duty something I'd carry on-duty. I love my P226 but for overt carry I want something with an external safety. I've recently been drawn to a 90Two / PX4 combo for on / off duty carry (respectively). Any opinions?
    - Edmund Burke

Beretta PX4 a good choice

The idea is to carry off-duty something I'd carry on-duty. I love my P226 but for overt carry I want something with an external safety. I've recently been drawn to a 90Two / PX4 combo for on / off duty carry (respectively). Any opinions?
    I think the Beretta PX4 makes a lot of sense for an off duty concealed carry gun, if you are open carrying the Beretta 92 on duty. The PX4 is considerably more compact and lighter weight than the model 92, but has the same basic controls, with a slide mounted safety/decocker. Here are the size specs on the basic PX4 from the Beretta website:

Weight empty.......27.7 oz
    Barrel length.........4.0 in.
    Total length..........7.59 in.
    Height..................5.51 in.
    Width (grip)..........1.18 in.

The PX4 will also be available soon in a more compact version that will be easier to carry concealed. I believe this compact version will be double action only. Here is a picture of the "baby" PX4 that was posted on the Beretta Forum:

Last edited by pogo2; January 3rd, 2007 at 12:03 PM.

The PX4 "Compact" is way too small. I have problems with small guns, the PX4 is the smallest I'd ever carry and intend to shoot beyond 3 inches.
    - Edmund Burke

Full size PX4

The PX4 "Compact" is way too small. I have problems with small guns, the PX4 is the smallest I'd ever carry and intend to shoot beyond 3 inches.
    Right, I figured you wanted a full size gun, and the specs I posted are for the full size PX4, which has a manual safety. I have handled the PX4 in a gun store and was impressed with the look and feel of the gun. I think it will be a winner for Beretta. Here is a shot of the full size:

I put in the picture of the subcompact because I thought people might be interested in seeing it.

After much reading it seems the 90Two and PX4 are about the same size anyway, only difference being in weight and slide/barrel length which doesn't matter to concealment. I don't pick a Glock 19 because it's too small for my hands. The Glock 17 is pretty much too small for my hands, that and just not preferring Glocks. So..what do I do? CCW the 90Two? Keep my P226? CCW the PX4 even though I lose 1" of barrel with little gain?
    - Edmund Burke

Hold the PX4 and the 90-Two one after the other...you will find that the 90-Two's size is huge whilst the PX4 is merely a little large for carry. If I were to carry one or the other most days, I would choose the PX4, hands down. I own the 90-Two because it is the most enjoyable full size gun on the market and I intend to start IDPA with it. Plus, there was not much difference in price b/t the PX4 and the 90-Two, so if I was going to get one, I wanted the one that seemed better for target/light competition.

I carry the Beretta 9000 (9mm) and/or the Beretta 85 (380), however.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links