I like my .40 S&W M&P Full Size

This is a discussion on I like my .40 S&W M&P Full Size within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like it so much that I am thinking about trading my G26 for an M&P 9c. Would this be an ok trade? I like ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hatrix
  • 1 Post By liquidfx

Thread: I like my .40 S&W M&P Full Size

I like it so much that I am thinking about trading my G26 for an M&P 9c.

Would this be an ok trade?

I like having the 9mm around for when I can find ammo inexpensive, but I love the way the .40 shoots. I seem to shoot it better.
    You have until 6:00 to leave town.

Break your gun on a stump!

Or get the m&p 40 cal with a 9mm conversion barrel ( I have one if you need it and cant find them online :)

this and a 9mm compact mags are all you need to shoot 9mm ... Also the 40 cal can fire 357 sig with a new barrel ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Are you saying get the 9mm barrell for my .40 that I have now and keep my g26?

I noticed that the mags for the .40 say .40 and .357 sig. I've never shot those before.
    You have until 6:00 to leave town.

Break your gun on a stump!

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Or get the m&p 40 cal with a 9mm conversion barrel ( I have one if you need it and cant find them online :)

this and a 9mm compact mags are all you need to shoot 9mm ... Also the 40 cal can fire 357 sig with a new barrel ...
    This here... A barrel is cheaper than a gun and stillbgives you a whole new gun.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

What I am saying is if you like the m&p and 40 cal.. Go buy a 40 cal m&p compact and then buy a 9mm conversion barrel and compact mags so you can shoot 9mm if you want to ... The one I have and used is storm lake you can also use the factory barrels.. I have both and and was my plane to do all that but money come up..
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

If you really like the M&P's sure it's a good trade. I love my M&P.

Here's the run down....

With a M&P40 you can shoot 40 cal. You can also buy a .357sig barrel and throw it right into the M&P40 and it functions with the same mags. You can also buy a 40 to 9 conversion barrel and a few 9mm mags and use them with the M&P40... 3 calibers one frame, minimal cost. Beats the hell out of buying 3 different guns.

I recently picked up a 40 to 9 conversion barrel for my M&P40 and a couple 9mm mags and spent in the neighborhood of $220. Cheapest in stocks mags I've found were at Midway USA for $33. The barrel I got from Brownells, Midway had none in stock... Cheaper Than Dirt also has the conversion barrels in stock both in stainless and black phosphor finish at a decent price. I really wanted the black barrel, but I'm still kind of turned off by CTD over their price gouging during the last scare so I bought elsewhere. Damn me and my principles!
    Last edited by Hatrix; March 27th, 2014 at 11:26 AM.
    BuffaloRider likes this.

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

I have both the M&P .40 FS and the 9c. I love them both and wouldn't trade either. However, I now find myself wanting the 40c or 40 Shield. Almost makes me wish I had gone with the 40c when I bought the 9c and then bought a conversion barrel....but then I wouldn't be thinking about yet another gun to feed my new addiction. Hatrix and WrongRecroom have the right idea if you want to save some money.
    BuffaloRider likes this.

Links