New H&K p2000sk

This is a discussion on New H&K p2000sk within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hk-1.jpg hk-2.jpg hk-3.jpg hk-4.jpg Picked up a new P2000SK V2 LEM in 9mm on Friday and managed to get it out to the range this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: New H&K p2000sk

New H&K p2000sk

hk-1.jpghk-2.jpghk-3.jpghk-4.jpg

Picked up a new P2000SK V2 LEM in 9mm on Friday and managed to get it out to the range this morning. I ran 150 rounds of blazer brass through it along with between 10 and 20 rounds each of critical defense, critical duty, gold dot 147, gold dot 124, and HST 124. Not a single issue. The gun seems to suck up rounds into the chamber like nothing.

I had no problems at all adjusting to the LEM trigger. I may or may not try the light LEM springs, but so far Iím just fine with the weight. It doesnít feel like a heavy trigger to me. I do miss the tactile reset, but the length of pull on the reset is just fine and I didnít have to think about anything at the range.

I was originally planning to add a Glock 26 to my collection, but since I already had a glock 27 and conversion barrel, I decided to splurge a bit and try my first H&K. Iím pretty sure Iíll be adding more to the collection. I love how the gun sits in my hand. I do have plans to add the extended mag release though. I donít have an issue with the style, but itís kind of small on the SK and I find my thumb periodically trying to apply pressure at an awkward angle to activate it.

I ordered a comp-tac shell, but it probably wonít be here for another two weeks and Iím impatient so I dug into my older holsters and found a Foxx hybrid holster for an XDM 3.8 compact that will accept the p2000sk. I'll be taking it out again this week as I picked up a 590A1 that I need to break in as well, but I think I'm going to be carrying this even though I normally try to shoot it a bit more first.

In the size comparison photos its an XDS45, Shield 9mm, p2000sk, g27, and g30s.

2. Remove Ads

Nice looking gun

Be careful.....you just might end up throwing those Glocks away Just say'n

Nice to have all those. How do they all compare to each other? What is your 1,2,3 choice???

The P2000SK LEM is hard not to like, IMO. About its only weak spot is the slightly slippery grip surface. Easily corrected with a bit of judicious stippling to rough-up the texture. Otherwise, it's a tremendously reliable, durable little unit. Easy to use with the large ambi controls. Supports the softer LEM springs, and (IIRC) the slightly larger mag release paddles. Great choice.

Nice to see it in the photos, for size comparison. Funny how svelte the Shield 9mm looks, next to those "fatties."
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Nice to have all those. How do they all compare to each other? What is your 1,2,3 choice???
    Ah, I can't rank them easily like that. They all have different attributes that I like on different occasions. Over the past winter, I've mainly carried the g30s and g19. Last summer it was mainly the g27. I'll carry the smaller guns like the shield or xds when I'm more worried about printing or if I'm just feeling lazy. In terms of actual shooting, ignoring the new H&K, my favorites are the 30S and the Shield with the apex kit. I think the new H&K is going to be right up there as well though. I was kind of upset that I didn't bring more than the 200 or so rounds that I put through it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The P2000SK LEM is hard not to like, IMO. About its only weak spot is the slightly slippery grip surface. Easily corrected with a bit of judicious stippling to rough-up the texture. Otherwise, it's a tremendously reliable, durable little unit. Easy to use with the large ambi controls. Supports the softer LEM springs, and (IIRC) the slightly larger mag release paddles. Great choice.

Nice to see it in the photos, for size comparison. Funny how svelte the Shield 9mm looks, next to those "fatties."
    I think I saw you mention the grip stippling in the H&K thread as well. I like the idea, but I think it's going to take a bit more time before I feel comfortable doing that to this gun. It's still too new to me and the price still too fresh in my mind . I'll start with tape and as the gun gets wear and tear, maybe I'll consider something like that.

than137, I am now officially jealous of you. You just bought the gun I have been lusting after for many years but just can't justify spending the money on. I have held and shot one and it feels better in my hand than any other gun in the world except one and that is the HK P30. I still lust for a P2000SK.

Gongrats and if you ever decide to give it away, please keep me in mind.
    BigJon10125 and BugDude like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    than137, I am now officially jealous of you. You just bought the gun I have been lusting after for many years but just can't justify spending the money on. I have held and shot one and it feels better in my hand than any other gun in the world except one and that is the HK P30. I still lust for a P2000SK.

Gongrats and if you ever decide to give it away, please keep me in mind.
    ^^^ Me too ^^^ Been trying to justify buying one for years.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Bought a P2000 after years of bashing HK owners. Only took one range trip to figure out what I had been missing. I now own three HK's and carry them just as much as my beloved 1911's
    kevinR and PakWaan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by risalvor View Post
    Bought a P2000 after years of bashing HK owners. Only took one range trip to figure out what I had been missing. I now own three HK's and carry them just as much as my beloved 1911's
    Hmm ... P2000, HK45, and P30?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have a P2000sk in 357 Sig that I absolutely love. Great size to carry and like you said, ZERO malfunctions!
    onacoma likes this.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Congrats on your new HK. I began carrying one in 2005. It is a fine pistol. The controls, their location and style are the best fit for me of any pistol out there so far. CDNN usually has good mag prices. I also have a USPc, which shares mags with the P2000sk. For good, fun range time the cheaper 10 round USPc mags can be found for half the P2000sk mag price... sometimes. A full capacity USPc mag gives you 3 more rounds if you end up carrying the HK and an extra mag.

A great gun that shoots and feels bigger than it is. The more you use it the more you'll like it. It feels so competent. Enjoy.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I have same gun, really like it, but am struggling a bit with the LEM system.

Quote Originally Posted by than137 View Post
    Ah, I can't rank them easily like that. They all have different attributes that I like on different occasions. Over the past winter, I've mainly carried the g30s and g19. Last summer it was mainly the g27. I'll carry the smaller guns like the shield or xds when I'm more worried about printing or if I'm just feeling lazy. In terms of actual shooting, ignoring the new H&K, my favorites are the 30S and the Shield with the apex kit. I think the new H&K is going to be right up there as well though. I was kind of upset that I didn't bring more than the 200 or so rounds that I put through it.
    That was a good answer. Guns are like shoes. Good to have more then one pair and all can have a purpose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links