Best & Worst Customer Service

Best & Worst Customer Service

This is a discussion on Best & Worst Customer Service within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have purchased several pistols the last two years. Most were new. 2 had to be returned to the factory after the first range outing. ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Best & Worst Customer Service

Question Best & Worst Customer Service

I have purchased several pistols the last two years. Most were new. 2 had to be returned to the factory after the first range outing. That being said, I think the Customer Service is very important when purchasing a new handgun. I figure you have a 20% chance of getting a defective pistol no matter what manufacturer you choose.
    So what mfg. has the best and worst customer service?

My vote is Ruger/Best; Kimber/ Worst

Also your state can play into .. I know CZ and or sig got torn a new one on calgun due to how they treated people who sent in SSE guns for work etc ...

As odd as it sounds I liked DB fast with shipping parts to fix the issue I had .. And yeah I found Ruger and S&W nice to talk too

CA can be a tricky place as can state with handgun permits in terms of issues with guns or giving free mags etc
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Best: SCCY
    Worst: Walther
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member
    Best SIG,my P226 broke after a few thousand shots ,they took it in and they even upgraded my P226 to SRT trigger as a free bonus for me
    and I had it back in like a week or so

Worst ATI/GSG or what ever that are called these days
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I had really good service with Ruger. Haven't had a bad experience luckily.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

My only experience with C/S has been a phone conversation and exchange of e-mails with a Kimber representative...and he was absolutely NO help whatsoever. I described the grip screws on my brand new gun as allen screws with the tamper resistant stem in the middle and he swears up and down Kimber doesn't use such screws. Never has...yet another gun in the LGS just like mine has them on it also. Gun shop doesn't have a bit or allen wrench that will remove them. I took a pic and e-mailed it to the rep and he replied "that is a standard 3/32 allen screw, no special tools required." Duh, I have a complete set of allen bits and so does the LGS and neither of us could get one to go in the screw because of the stem in the middle that is plain to see. I replied that I purchased a tamper resistant set of bits with the hole in the middle and that the 3/32 of that set removed the grip screw with no problem." He still refuses to believe it is a non-standard screw and insists that a magic fairy somewhere between the Kimber factory and the LGS put them on there.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Cool

I have it on good authority here that Ruger is the absolute best. I couldn't tell you personal. I've never had to call or contact them. In my lifetime I've had 6 Ruger guns. I had a gorgeous AMT Lightning with a bull barrel. Never had a bit of trouble with any Ruger guns or the AMT. Just one old guy's opinion.
    BugDude and tdave like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I have it on good authority here that Ruger is the absolute best. I couldn't tell you personal. I've never had to call or contact them. In my lifetime I've had 6 Ruger guns. I had a gorgeous AMT Lightning with a bull barrel. Never had a bit of trouble with any Ruger guns or the AMT. Just one old guy's opinion.
    Ruger C/S reps are so nice because they RARELY get a call and they are desperate for human interaction during an 8 hour shift.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I have never had a problem with any Ruger. I have sent an RIA shotgun back to RIA in Pahrump as it would not chamber a round from the magazine brand new. They had it back to me in a week no bobble since.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I believe that the Maytag repairman and the Glock repairman share an office...they play a lot of Chess.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

RIA and PSA have both been good to me. RIA was up front about shutting down for an ATF audit and that it would take a little longer to get my gun back, but it came back quickly and smoother than when I sent it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I called Colt a few years back to get a letter of provenance on a 1st generation SAA, and got great service. I called Kahr some time later to order an instructor-discounted PM9, and again got great service, and a great price on a nice little gun.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I've only had to send one handgun in for any type of work and that was a Kahr CM9. They paid shipping both ways and fixed the problem. They did it quickly too as I was only without the pistol for 8 calendar days.

Had a interaction with Remington CS concerning a stock from a 700 CDL that the barrel channel was cut off center. All they asked for was the serial # and my address for them to ship me a new stock too.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Distinguished Member Array denclaste's Avatar
    Absolute worst: EAA
    The BEST: RIA
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Only had to use CS on 2 guns that required them being sent back. SA - Outstanding. They sent a pre-paid shipping label without asking and fixed the problem first time. Taurus - SUCKS. Had to pay shipping first time. They wanted me to pay for the second trip but I refused, since they didn't fix the problem it was sent in for. 2 trips and still had the same problem. Used it as a trade.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links