Glock gen 3 verses gen 4???

This is a discussion on Glock gen 3 verses gen 4??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok folks. I know this might be one of those type of questions that gets asked a lot but I'm curious. No I didn't do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Glock gen 3 verses gen 4???

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar

Glock gen 3 verses gen 4???

Ok folks. I know this might be one of those type of questions that gets asked a lot but I'm curious. No I didn't do a search. If you type in glock you'll get a million results. Any how besides the back strap and different texture grips are there any functional difference in the two? Was just looking at a couple of 23's today.

2. Remove Ads

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Backstrap
    Texture
    Magazine Button Larger on the 4's
    Captured recoil spring completely differn't supposed to reduce recoil even more than the 3's
    Eric357 likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    You won't go wrong either way! Get whichever "feels" better to you! Good luck!
    Eric357 and CLASS3NH like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    I like 'em both, but hell, I still like my Gen 2 G23 too, never had a problem with it. I carry my issued Gen 4 G23 at works sometimes and it functions just fine for me, no complaints. That being said, most days I carry my own G27 it's about 15 years old, what gen does that make it. Here is a pic:

G27.jpg
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

biggest functional difference is that the Gen 4's added a dual recoil spring to the mid size and full size Glocks that is supposed to reduce felt recoil. The Subcompact G26/27/33
    have always had the dual recoil springs and probably the reason many say they shoot the subcompacts better that the larger Glocks. I don't own a Gen 4 Glock so I can't really comment
    on them. All mine are Gen 2 or 3.
    Eric357 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Either way it's junk. Get an M&P
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Now to see the rants go flying
    Eric357 likes this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

The 27 has sparked my interest also. It was the 27 that really got me even to think about a Glock a few months back. I never had the desire to own a Glock before then. I'm just looking for a possibility down the road. I have a few I the running. That's the first time I seen the 27 with the finger extension.
    Bigsteve113 likes this.

Actually the M&P really isn't in the running right now. Like I said its something for down the road I'm considering. I always keep an open mind. I'm not a one brand type of guy.
    AmmoFan01 likes this.

I'm not either. Glock Just doesn't do it for me is all. I can shoot good with them I just don't like em is all. I didn't mean to thread hog I was just trying to be funny.
    Longstreet and Eric357 like this.

Not a problem. To be honest what had steered me away from Glock for a long long time was so many that thought it was the only gun to own. For me though I like to keep my options open. Just like to ask questions so I can know all I can when I'm seriously considering something.
    WannabeaCPA likes this.

When I was looking for my first CCW I was looking into getting the G26. But I didn't like the way it shot. I told someone that and they said "you just haven't found your Glock yet" I call BS on that. They all feel the same to me. Some are just fatter than the others. M&P works best for me (in my budget range no $800 for me) and the way it shoots and holds. Every man is different find what works for you and you'll be happy.
    Eric357 likes this.

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    The 27 has sparked my interest also. It was the 27 that really got me even to think about a Glock a few months back. I never had the desire to own a Glock before then. I'm just looking for a possibility down the road. I have a few I the running. That's the first time I seen the 27 with the finger extension.
    That's the Pearce +0 finger extension. Been carrying it like that for many years. I keep my other G27 mag with the flat mag plate for more concealment if needed. In 15 years, never needed more concealment. That thar G27 has seen a LOT of carry and use.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Search? It's how you ask...

Let Me Google That
    Farmerjohn likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteve113 View Post
    I like 'em both, but hell, I still like my Gen 2 G23 too, never had a problem with it. I carry my issued Gen 4 G23 at works sometimes and it functions just fine for me, no complaints. That being said, most days I carry my own G27 it's about 15 years old, what gen does that make it. Here is a pic:

G27.jpg
    Looks like my 30, Gen 2.5
    Bigsteve113 likes this.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links