XS Big Dot Sights

This is a discussion on XS Big Dot Sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After posting that I had installed XS Big Dot Sights on my Shield and Ruger SR9c several people ask me to post a range report ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: XS Big Dot Sights

Thumbs up XS Big Dot Sights

After posting that I had installed XS Big Dot Sights on my Shield and Ruger SR9c several people ask me to post a range report so here we go. The dot on the Shield sights is smaller than on the Ruger. XS on the Ruger are 24/7 with Tritium in the front and back Shield only has tritium in the front. Sorry but no pics but fist size groups shooting fairly fast is easy to do. They do take a little getting used to. The dot seems huge and you have to line the front and rear to make a lollipop. I have 6 6" square and one 6" round 3/8"thick steel plates that I had made for me and it is no problem to hit these at 10yrds. The more you shoot the more you get used to them. They are quick to get on target. I will keep My Warren Tactical night sights on my full sized gun. I am 52 and wear tri-focils that's why I went to Warren sights because they are wider and I can see my front sights. The factory sights on the Ruger and Shield were to small for me to see. Hope this helps for the one's who ask. I really do like the XS sights.

2. Remove Ads

Thank you for the review! I've been on the fence on whether or not to pick up a set for my Shield. I really like the concept, but the whole deal about having to squirt Loctite under the sights to lock them into place doesn't appeal to me. Other brands seem to fit snug after a little filing down. Were you able to mount them snug without Loctite?

Same here as much as i really believed they could help me (Not so much range shooting , but in a real world situation), The inquiries i made on forums were met with people either loved them, or hated them. and the hate them was about 2:1. I am 63 wear bifocals . I blacked out my rear stock sights on my SR40C, that doesn't seem to help. Last range session (about a month ago) it seemed i was constantly too low. Your review has me thinking Father's Day is coming (I need a good excuse to spend money on my firearm with my Bride). XS Big Dot seems the practical solution.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

I had XS Bigdots on my SR40C, and they were fantastic. Where most people have issues is that they do not funtion in the same manner as normal 3 dot sights. When aligned, there should be narrow gap between the ball and the stick...this is in the instructions but apparently many do not read them. With practice they are very fast and efficient for close range use. I was able to shoot impressively small groups with them at close range very quickly. Eventually I want to add another set to my shield.
    glockcoma, TDH1961 and Kennydale like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I've been on the fence about XS for a while now. From what I kind of gather, they're good for quick sighting at close range, but not as good for accuracy if you want to stretch out the distance or get really, really tight groups.

Does that sound about right?

Quote Originally Posted by F350_6 View Post
    I've been on the fence about XS for a while now. From what I kind of gather, they're good for quick sighting at close range, but not as good for accuracy if you want to stretch out the distance or get really, really tight groups.

Does that sound about right?
    Relevant Yeager video. Cursing is likely.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5RURFEGd8
    CIBMike and StormRhydr like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Definetly are not bullseye sights but on my snubs they are awesome for fast aquisition an putting rounds com. What might help is do not take small splash bullseye targets take half man silhouettes. Now you will know if you can draw from concealment an hit the target com in under 2 sec.
    molleur likes this.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    For quick sight acquisition, I like XS Big Dot sights; my alternate night sight choice is green front / yellow rear Meprolight.
    molleur likes this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

I just put an XS Big Dot on my LCR and really like it, especially compared to the all black factory site the LCR came with. It does take a little getting used to and some practice, but hey that's why they made target ranges, right?
    The pen may be mightier than the sword, but a .45 caliber sword on the right hip can come in pretty handy sometime.

There are a lot of gunsmiths that use locktite after installing sights. When you are fitting then just make it snug and you won't have to use locktite.

Distinguished Member
    I put an XS Big Dot on my snubby SP101. Follow the instructions and no issues.
    I love it. Glass bead blasted the rear groove (longer) so that is a little darker than the rest of the bead blast finish I did.
    glockcoma and FlaRon like this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Yes but I loctited them any way jut a little insurance to me. And you are correct while you are filing you can make them as tight as you want, They are oversized just like any other brand of sights.

Yes they are combat sights the rear sight is from the express sight from the big game rifles. They are for close and dangerous game 2 or 4 legged.

On all my fighting guns. Their CS is great as well.

I have one on my Remington 870 tac in conjunction with a ghost ring,i like it.
    The easy way is always mined.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links