Well gotta send the new m&p in for some work

This is a discussion on Well gotta send the new m&p in for some work within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a m&p pro 4.25" about 3 weeks ago. Ive taken it out a few times since then and went again yesterday. Well before ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Well gotta send the new m&p in for some work

Well gotta send the new m&p in for some work

I bought a m&p pro 4.25" about 3 weeks ago. Ive taken it out a few times since then and went again yesterday. Well before I got there I noticed the front sight had shifted slightly to the left. Gave it to the s&w armorer at my local range and he fixed it and said watch it because it pushed back way to easy. Well put another 250 rounds through it yesterday and it shifted again I guess ill just have to buy a shield for the 2 - 2 1/2 weeks it'll be gone. At least there customer service was very nice and is sending me a prepaid shipping label
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Hopefully they will make it right and get it back to you fairly quickly.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    One definite advantage of a Glock over and M&P, imo is the front sight.
    Czombie and gatorbait51 like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

S&W has a fairly decent turnaround time. I would over explain the problem in a written note when you send the pistol back. I had an instance where they sent me back my m&p untouched even though the email discussion of the problem was printed and included in the package I sent.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Really? Are they some Glock front sights not made of plastic? Any gun can have issues , including my buddies Glock which blew the front sight off a few times.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    They'll either replace the sight or shim it, but it shouldn't take long. Many complain about delays with S&W, but during the August (?) time frame, that's when the company shuts down for annual maintenance, updating, vacation, etc. Do expect a lot during that timeframe.
    molleur and gatorbait51 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Yea at least it wasn't like my experience with EAA out of Florida. My gun had a bad magazine when I bought it (I have horrible luck, 22 years old new to guns and first 2 I buy get a problem) and I called to see if they could just send me one. They wanted me to send in the whole gun on my cost and pay for the parts to fix it. I was in shock. Hopefully they can get it back to me ASAP since it is my EDC, but im hoping my girlfriend will let me buy a shield while its gone haha. I held one while I was at the range and it felt awesome!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Really? Are they some Glock front sights not made of plastic? Any gun can have issues , including my buddies Glock which blew the front sight off a few times.
    I was referring to the manner of attachment.
    gatorbait51 and Echo_Four like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy91 View Post
    Yea at least it wasn't like my experience with EAA out of Florida. My gun had a bad magazine when I bought it (I have horrible luck, 22 years old new to guns and first 2 I buy get a problem) and I called to see if they could just send me one. They wanted me to send in the whole gun on my cost and pay for the parts to fix it. I was in shock. Hopefully they can get it back to me ASAP since it is my EDC, but im hoping my girlfriend will let me buy a shield while its gone haha. I held one while I was at the range and it felt awesome!
    That is pretty tough luck. I am not that familiar with EAA but I have always considered S+W a quality brand and it is pretty unlucky that you had a problem with one right out of the box.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Yea it sucks. I just hope they can fix it right and FAST and I can get back to shooting it/ EDC it. My armorer said they had an issue with the front sights on the pro's
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    I'm surprised your armorer didn't just take a punch and move a little metal on the sight. Hardly seems like it justifies a trip back to Smith to me.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

he fixed it for me and after I shot it again it moved AGAIN!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Your smith should have stippled and shimmed it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    i also love the glock rear sight
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. Gen James Mattis USMC

I sure as heck wouldn't have sent a gun off to the factory for a front sight replacement. That's like taking a car back to the dealership to change a flat tire.
    You need a new/real smith.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links