Wife just surprised me....

This is a discussion on Wife just surprised me.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was reading the "What will be your first new gun in 2007" thread and my wife, the Lovely Beckie, asks me how much I ...

Thread: Wife just surprised me....

I was reading the "What will be your first new gun in 2007" thread and my wife, the Lovely Beckie, asks me how much I have saved towards the S&W. I tell her that I have almost nothing saved at the moment and then she drops the bomb on me.

She says, what if I knew a way for you to get it real soon?
    She tells me that as much as she loves her Sig P239 9mm she has really decided that she likes the grip of my XD .40sc much better and that she feels she can shoot better with it. So, she wants to make a deal with me. If I will give her the XD, she will trade the Sig and the 5 magazines and the other accessories that came with it for the S&W M&P .40 that I want!

So, we may be taking the Sig around to a couple of gun shops next weekend to see what kind of deal we can get on it. I am pretty excited.

I'll keep you guys up to date.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Thats a sweet gal there

You know it Bud.

Say, I like Fobus holster but I just discovered to my dismay that they do not currently produce a holster for the M&P pistols.

What type of holster do all of you guys who carry the M&P use?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Lead Moderator
    Nice. You might get more for the Sig by selling privately. At any rate, sounds like a good deal for all involved.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Nice. You might get more for the Sig by selling privately. At any rate, sounds like a good deal for all involved.
    the guns stores will not give you the best price. selling privately is the only way to go. but why sale???? save up the money and keep the sig. that way you got one more gun at home. you will feel better in the long run.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Sounds like a perfect solution for you and your wife. Let us know when you pick one up!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I Agree Here...

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    the guns stores will not give you the best price. selling privately is the only way to go. but why sale???? save up the money and keep the sig. that way you got one more gun at home. you will feel better in the long run.
    Keep the 'pistolas'...
    Wait a little longer to get the additional gun...
    Got to fill up that 'weapons locker'...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The weapons locker is pretty near full up now. We own 10 handguns and I don't honestly have any room for an additional one in the small safe we own.
    And, since the house we live in is rented (planning on moving to Indiana in the not too distant future) I am not going to buy a bigger and even heavier safe to install here.

So, since the P239 is a 9mm, only holds 9 rounds, she is Ok with it going towards the M&P, it will probably be sold. Maybe to a private party, maybe to a gun shop. Who knows.

I'll let you guys know what we decide when we decide it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Assistant Administrator
    Sounds to me like you and she make one great team

Hope you'll manage that move back to IN before too long - I can tell you yearn to be back!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Mike, we have had several members express a desire to have a SIG P239 in the past month or so. Do a search and see who they are then PM them. Also post it on our Member Buy, Sell & Trade forum. P239s are highly desirable pistols and should sell easily.

If I didn't already have two, I would be asking for pictures and asking price myself. Before Christmas I would have asked anyway. My wife got a new purse from one of her sisters and used that as an excuse to go back to her Bersa Thunder .380. I really don't like that much, but the upside is that my P239 in .357SIG is on my hip right now.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Thanks for the suggestion George, I think I may do that.

There is a good range and gun shop here in our area named RangeUSA that will sell guns on consignment and I had thought of trying that. I also am considering gunbroker.com so I will have to think about which way to do this.

Also, now that I have held it again, I am not sure I want to sell it. I like that gun a lot. Sure is a nice gun. It is a Sig after all.

So conflicted......want the M&P....but don't want to part with the Sig.......what to do.....what to do........head hurting........................................... ..........
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Tempting me too, if I wasn't on a 'gun diet' while I finish renovations to my other house I would buy an M&P tomorrow, drive to Memphis and trade you.

Try THR.com too if you're a member, guns sell pretty fast there for fair prices.
    Does Guns and Ammo do consignment? They may do you a deal if you get the M&P from them, they've always been fair with us.

There has been a change

OK, big changes are happening with this.

My wife has claimed the XD as her own. So, now I am back to just having the PT-111 as my carry gun for now. Just for now. I still want a S&W M&P in .40 cal but, it will take me a little while to get one. Probably until we get our tax refund if we get one this year.

The reason I will not be selling the SIG P239 is, my son, who is 16 and has been doing some research into what he wanted as his first gun (see this thread for an explanation of that) and he asked if maybe the Sig could be his choice. So, proud Dad that I am I said sure thing. I will probably carry the Sig until I save the money to get the M&P but I am going to miss my XD. I already have a little hole in my heart where my XD once resided. Might just have to get me another XD too.....it's like saying good bye to one of your children.

More later...
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PT-111 View Post
    OK, big changes are happening with this.

My wife has claimed the XD as her own. So, now I am back to just having the PT-111 as my carry gun for now. Just for now. I still want a S&W M&P in .40 cal but, it will take me a little while to get one. Probably until we get our tax refund if we get one this year.

The reason I will not be selling the SIG P239 is, my son, who is 16 and has been doing some research into what he wanted as his first gun (see this thread for an explanation of that ) and he asked if maybe the Sig could be his choice. So, proud Dad that I am I said sure thing. I will probably carry the Sig until I save the money to get the M&P but I am going to miss my XD. I already have a little hole in my heart where my XD once resided. Might just have to get me another XD too.....it's like saying good bye to one of your children.

More later...
    Mike, go to CDNN - SIG P239 9mm 10rd Extra Capacity Factory Mag New and get a couple of 10 round mags. Then carry the P239 in good health. You may not want to replace it. If it doesn't have Hogue grips on it yet get them from CDNN for $14.99 and have a ball.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

It came with 3 8 round Sig mags and one of those 10 rounders George. Thanks for the link though.

And it had the Houge grips on it when we bought it but both my wife and I like the original grips better so we swapped them back. I've just never been a fan of Houge grips.

Thanks again.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sponsored Links