Fiber Optic question?

This is a discussion on Fiber Optic question? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well guys I've got the CZ-75BD now set up with sights & a grip that makes the gun a joy to shoot. My question is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Fiber Optic question?

Fiber Optic question?

Well guys I've got the CZ-75BD now set up with sights & a grip that makes the gun a joy to shoot. My question is simple? (The good questions usually are!) LOL Anyway all is good but in the future where do I find the fiber optic rods? I tried looking online and I think I'm not using the right words in the search bar to find them. I have green on the front sight but would like to try other colors to find the one best suited for my eyes. Any help would be great.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDeal View Post
    Well guys I've got the CZ-75BD now set up with sights & a grip that makes the gun a joy to shoot. My question is simple? (The good questions usually are!) LOL Anyway all is good but in the future where do I find the fiber optic rods? I tried looking online and I think I'm not using the right words in the search bar to find them. I have green on the front sight but would like to try other colors to find the one best suited for my eyes. Any help would be great.
    Not sure what sight you are using but many are not designed for a shooter to change out the fiber.

Dawson Precision has all kinds of cool ways of getting your money.

Trust me.
    Chuck R. and StormRhydr like this.

Well they included instructions on how to replace the fiber optic, I just want to get the fiber optic rods. Can't be that hard to get...Or are they?

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDeal View Post
    Well they included instructions on how to replace the fiber optic, I just want to get the fiber optic rods. Can't be that hard to get...Or are they?
    Then your instructions should contain the information of where to get replacements.

CZ Custom shop has them.
    Fiber Optic Rod

Thanks Bugboy!!

I went to the link Bugboy provided and they have the fiber optic rods I was looking for. Thanks again!
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Brownells has them in different diameters and colors. For all sorts of parts Brownells is your friend.
    LimaCharlie likes this.

I'll check Brownells out thanks Denclaste. I found out their .01 mm Fiber optic rods. Looks like they are available in two colors red or green. I am using green right now any advantage in one color over the other?

If you are not color blind, the green seem to work a lot better for me outside. Red seem to work better indoors where the light is dimmer. I've not tried the yellow ones yet so have no opinion of them. When you install them try to make a little "bulb" on the end facing you. And yes you can ,to some extent, vary the size of the dot by how much you press on it when its hot. Fun stuff to ply with when you are completely bored during our 9 mos of winter.

I think I might try the red. I have the green one in now but with things starting to green up everywhere, red may be my best option.

Personally, I like yellow in the rear sights, green in the front. Green means "GO".

Not trying to hijack a thread, but I really think night sights are the way to go. If you ever lost a fiber optic "rod", or tried them at night, you would know why.
    DingBat likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Not trying to hijack a thread, but I really think night sights are the way to go. If you ever lost a fiber optic "rod", or tried them at night, you would know why.

+1. installed a fiber optic on my G21 years ago. meh. it was ok in bright daylight. installed tritium? yep. ok, its just a white dot in bright daylight, but a beacon of glowing justice at night.

Also, MIDWAY is another internet mega-source like brownells.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links