Glock Blue Label Wait Time - G30 Gen 4

This is a discussion on Glock Blue Label Wait Time - G30 Gen 4 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Having just gone through the process to get a Glock under GSSF pricing, I can report that the wait time was 84 days for me. ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By JoeFriday
  • 1 Post By Pete63

Thread: Glock Blue Label Wait Time - G30 Gen 4

Having just gone through the process to get a Glock under GSSF pricing, I can report that the wait time was 84 days for me. The test fire date was 3/30/14, and I got the call that it was in on 4/4/14. The order was placed in January. It was so worth the wait. The Gen 3 G30 felt way to bulky in my hand and the Gen 4 is just right with no backstraps. I can probably take the small beavertail, but I'm going to shoot it without first.

When I was placing my order, there wasn't much info available for expected wait times for blue labels not in stock, so I wanted to pass this along to anyone that was waiting or thinking of making a blue label purchase.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I'm very eager to hear how it shoots for you?

As the G30 and G30SF/S are still a bit to big for my hands, i still want to handle
    a Gen 4 G30 with no back strap.

Problem is, I can find very little Gen 4s in my area.

The Gen 3 G26 did fit me better than the comparable Gen 4 G26, so I now have a NIB
    Gen 3 Glock 26.

However, I'm afriad that if I do get to handle a Gen 4 G30, it will come home with me!

They seem to be cruelly expensive for a Glock, but I'm sure well worth the money:)

For me the wait for a blue label g19 was from 3/12 to 4/8. They actually had blue label g30 s' in stock with no wait.

dgunut, I am guessing that some of it depends on timing and geography. I think when I ordered mine, I just missed the last batch that came through. There's only two dealers in the DFW area that can sell blue labels.

clarkston, Today was the day. I ran 300 rounds through it without a hiccup. Trigger hit me in the right place on my finger, and it did not feel as blocky at the Gen 3. I like it and shot it just fine. Next time I go, I want to shoot it and the 27 during the same session to compare them. Tonight was range time for the Nano since I haven't shot it is quite some time. Very happy with the blue label deal on one.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I have been very lucky when purchasing blue label Glocks. Walk in, fill out the paperwork, pay, and leave. I was actually able to compare a 30S, 30SF, and a Gen 4 30 side by side before I made the purchase. When I bought my 19 last month, I was able to choose between a Gen 4 or Gen 3. The only one I had to wait for was a Gen 4 G27 last March....had to wait 5 days for the shipment to come in.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

For the ignorant ones of us? What's a blue label glock? I have several glocks, but have never heard of a blue label? Just curious?

Gary

I went to use my GSSF coupon, and thought it would be troublesome, but it wasn't. Walked right in, and got a "good deal" on a gen 4, G27. But the Gun shop was in Smyrna, so maybe close to Home= good inventory?
    5lima30ret likes this.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Congrats on your new Gen 4! Clyde Armory in Bogart, (Athens) GA had a good supply of them in stock the last time I was there.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by thrasherg View Post
    For the ignorant ones of us? What's a blue label glock? I have several glocks, but have never heard of a blue label? Just curious?

Gary
    They are discount priced Glocks. LE, Military, Firefighters, Paramedics, GSSF members and others qualify for the discount prices. There's a list on the us.glock.com. Enter a zip code at the dealer/range locator, then click on the 'LE Dealers' tab, and the list will be shown.

Yes, Glock has retail pistols and blue label pistols. As Remy said, the blue label ones sell for a discounted price and are the same as the retail but have a blue label on the box. For example, the retail for a G30 Gen 4 is ~$620. The blue label price is $491 for GSSF members. There are at times limited supply of blue labels.

GSSF requires you to be a member for 1 year before you are eligible for a blue label purchase. In addition to the blue label purchase program, you can participate in GSSF matches around the US that are held for Glock owners.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Blue Labels used to come with an extra mag.

With the advent of the Gen 4s, the 4s ship with 3 mags now.

Do Blue Label guns come with 4 mags now?

Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    Blue Labels used to come with an extra mag.

With the advent of the Gen 4s, the 4s ship with 3 mags now.

Do Blue Label guns come with 4 mags now?
    No, they come with 3 plus the other regular stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFriday View Post
    Yes, Glock has retail pistols and blue label pistols. As Remy said, the blue label ones sell for a discounted price and are the same as the retail but have a blue label on the box. For example, the retail for a G30 Gen 4 is ~$620. The blue label price is $491 for GSSF members. There are at times limited supply of blue labels.

GSSF requires you to be a member for 1 year before you are eligible for a blue label purchase. In addition to the blue label purchase program, you can participate in GSSF matches around the US that are held for Glock owners.
    Actually all you need to do is buy at least a two year membership and you can get the coupon without having to be a member for a year.

Thanks guys, I might have to look into it a bit more!! It's an expensive habit, so any savings can placate my other half a little bit!!

Gary

Links