Looks like my Kahr is GTG

This is a discussion on Looks like my Kahr is GTG within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Broke it in Sunday. Prior to that, clean, lube, and rack. A lot. I cannot say if the prep work helped or not, but the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Looks like my Kahr is GTG

Broke it in Sunday. Prior to that, clean, lube, and rack. A lot. I cannot say if the prep work helped or not, but the thing shoots. Well.

Ran about 50 rounds through it. According to what I've read, the CM9 (and probably all other Kahrs) require a 200 round minimum. This little guy is one mad gun. Mag after mag, ran 'em in and spit 'em out. No lockups. Slide always locked back on a dry mag. And it is accurate. Tight groups. I'm way low, but I'm sure that that's me. New gun, different (long) trigger, weird sights, etc. It'll clean up.

Pretty happy with this one. A fine pocket gun so far. I'll feed it another 100 or so, more for me getting used to it, and then I'll carry it.
    CDW4ME and CommonCents like this.

As a fellow CM-9 owner, I'm glad your gun is working well - especially after all the prep work you put in.

A recent Kahr reliability poll (at 122 answers), said that 77% of Kahr owners found their gun(s) to be completely reliable. About 10% had up to 2 malfunctions per 100 rounds, while about 13% didn't trust their Kahr at all.

Hit 500 rounds over the weekend myself on a recently acquired CM9. Aside from a rough patch where I got a hold of some very bad local reloads (should have known better) my CM9 has run very well. Even slingshoted the slide several times with nary a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    A recent Kahr reliability poll (at 122 answers), said that 77% of Kahr owners found their gun(s) to be completely reliable. About 10% had up to 2 malfunctions per 100 rounds, while about 13% didn't trust their Kahr at all.
    Lemme see ... 13% * 3 P380's * 2 PM9's * 1 CW9 / Pi = me.

OP, glad to see you've got your CM9 running well. Great little gun, one that performs like a much larger pistol.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have to say I was looking forward to purchasing a CM9. Today at the local gun shop I had a chance to check one out. Boy, that didn't go well. The gun seemed fine, but when I worked that trigger, it left me speechless. Sure it's long and I knew that. But my finger had that trigger pressed all the way to the inside of the trigger guard before it would fire. Is that a normal Kahr trigger or did I handle a dud?

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    I'm really not trying to be a smart azz,but do you really want a short crisp trigger in a firearm with no manual safety ?
    cjkent and BkCo1 like this.

No I don't...and congrats on the fine Kahr Multistage.

Glad to hear it's running well. I have over a thousand rounds in my cw9. Not. single issues of any kind even in the break in. Carry everyday and trust 100%.

YES Kahr's have some tight tolerances in my experience, so they need a good break in period. Like you, I racked my PM9 a few thousand times while watching a movie one weekend. Enjoy it !!! God Bless

VIP Member
    Wife has a CW9 and I have the CW45. Cleaned, multiple racks and hit the range. Never worried about the "200 rounds". The guns both functioned without flaws.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Glad it's working well. Hope you get good use out of it.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    I recently got a Kahr PM9.
    I did not do anything different than I would with any other pistol, cleaned before shooting and about each 50 rounds.
    200+ rounds no problem at all.
    Manual says use slide release, but I prefer slingshot; for the first couple magazines the PM9 resisted my preferred method, after that it accepted my way of doing things.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecup View Post
    I'm really not trying to be a smart azz,but do you really want a short crisp trigger in a firearm with no manual safety ?
    Yes.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Then you might want to go the extra step like an acquaintance of mine who also wanted a 3-3.5lb trigger pull. I figure it's just a matter of time before he shoots himself or someone else accidentally. It's like going around cocked and locked without a safety.
    cjkent likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Put a box this past week end through my CW40 flawless I to had concerns about the long trigger pull. Not any more I am very please with my Kahr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links