Galloway Precision Steel Guide Rod for Beretta Nano

This is a discussion on Galloway Precision Steel Guide Rod for Beretta Nano within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been looking to replace the plastic guide rod on my Beretta Nano. Has anyone swapped out their plastic guide rod for Galloway Precision's Stainless ...

Thread: Galloway Precision Steel Guide Rod for Beretta Nano

I've been looking to replace the plastic guide rod on my Beretta Nano. Has anyone swapped out their plastic guide rod for Galloway Precision's Stainless Steel rod? I understand the recoil springs come in 14,16,18, and 20 lbs . The stock on the Nano is 16lbs. I was thinking of going for the 20lb, but I assume that will cause problems with lighter target loads for range practice. I've had absolutely no hiccups with the gun so far. And I'd like to keep it that way Any info would help.

I replaced my Nano spring with one from Bedair Machine Works. They use the existing springs & bushings, so no change in spring strength. Love mine !

Bedair Machine Works

I have a couple of Galloway parts on my LC9. They are good quality but the one claim they make that the steel guide rod reduces recoil in bologna, but it does look nice.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Bologna is a lunch meat, Galloway's claims are valid. Competitive shooters have, for years, been replacing plastic guide with stainless, even tungsten, guide rods to add a few ounces under the dust cover. It's the perfect spot to battle muzzle flip & reduce split times.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I too have a bedair rod. Mainly because early LC9's had a history of the head breaking off of the stock plastic rod.

I replace the guide rod in the wife's TCP with a Galloway SS guide rod. It was required to purchase their recoil spring also. Noticeably lighter recoil in the weapon. Very happy with the purchase. Not nearly as snappy to shoot.

Slightly off the beaten path but I just ordered a Galloway stainless steel guide rod and spring for my Ruger 9C. Gonna look balls to the walls with the SS slide. Don't care about recoil and kept the same 16lb spring because the 9C is a great shooter right from the box/case.

Sponsored Links