So do I keep the Khar or trade it for say a nano ?

This is a discussion on So do I keep the Khar or trade it for say a nano ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok heres the deal I got a khar k9 on a whim .. I though I will give Khar another chance after my pm9 .. ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: So do I keep the Khar or trade it for say a nano ?

Ok heres the deal I got a khar k9 on a whim .. I though I will give Khar another chance after my pm9 .. Well I can not for the life of me get the dumb thing apart .. Of course Khar is now close to call them .. I mean it shoots fine and all but I can not take it down ... I mean I watch the vids etc if I could with my finger push the pin out I would be ok but I cant and I dont have a third hand to knock it out with a hammer .. If the slide springs were a little weaker I could jam my thumb in there and knock it out but that is too painfullright now ...

So what do you say keep it or trade it for a nano plus maybe some cash on the nano side ? I have seen how the nano takes down and it seems easier .. I could use another compact pocket 9 ... I had a keltec p11 for that but seeing as how I cant not also seem to put it back together I am about to give up on both and sell or trade for a nano or the such ...

What do you all say ?
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Personally, I'd get a Nano, but I don't care for Khar's much and like the Nano I fired.

You can't put a P-11 back together? That's easy peasy. A P-11 sucks for many reasons (I have one and hate it) but reassembly should be one of them.

Again, I'm a fan of the Nano so if these are your options, that's where I'd go.

Dump it and get a BP9CC. You'll have plenty left for a holster and a bunch of ammo.
    BugDude and nightsonge like this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Oh I had Bersa 380 .. But I dont think the 9mm are pockets guns are they ?

And I think my keltec my be wrong as I can not seem to get the pin in the hole the right way and am about to give up on it .. .I got it back one time but can not after that .. Like the gun but not the reassmble ...

I knew I should have given up on the Khars after my first one
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I traded my CM9 for a XDS 9mm. Never looked back.

Sorry about that. Missed the "pocket" part. You should still get one, though. lol
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    Sorry about that. Missed the "pocket" part. You should still get one, though. lol

Yeah bersa are nice I know the plus and bersa thunder unpon a time

Honeslty I may just sell this as I have a xds 9 etc .. I just like switching out guns now and then ..

Use two hands to hold the frame and slide in the proper disassembly position, then push the take down pin in by pressing it onto an object like the corner of a plastic tool box (so it will not mar the gun). Once the pin is popped in a bit, you can pull it out from the other side by grabbing the slide stop lever.

After you have taken the gun apart a few times, you should be able to do it with finger pressure.

There are many reasons to be cautious with a Kahr, but take down isn't one of them.

Hope this helps.
    RickyD, ETXhiker and than137 like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I traded a Kahr PM40 that I bought brand new on a used kayak. Im pretty sure I got the best of that deal.

Trade it.

I say trade it, since you still haven't figured out how to spell KAHR!

But seriously: put a small chunk of hardwood or a spent cartridge case end up on your workbench or in a vise. With the gun's left side UP, line up the slide/frame marks and index the right side slide stop pin onto the block or case, and press down. The slide stop comes out. Do this a few times, and it gets easy enough do do it with just your fingers. I think the stiff part is the retention spring on the left side of the frame.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I came very close to buying a Kahr a couple months ago, right before I joined this forum. I was going to get a Kahr CM9 but ended up buying a SIG P250C instead. And man, am I ever glad that I did. Soon after purchasing my SIG I found this forum while trying to find some personal reviews on it, and one of the first things I noticed was how little anyone has anything good to say about the Kahr weapons.

It's discussions like this that keep folks from making the mistake of buying a gun, thinking they're getting a quality weapon, just because it has a higher price tag than other guns in the same class. More expensive doesn't necessarily mean better, just means you'll pay more to own a name (like buying brand-name clothing).

I am happy with my SIG though, it is certainly a quality weapon.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Use two hands to hold the frame and slide in the proper disassembly position, then push the take down pin in by pressing it onto an object like the corner of a plastic tool box (so it will not mar the gun). Once the pin is popped in a bit, you can pull it out from the other side by grabbing the slide stop lever.

After you have taken the gun apart a few times, you should be able to do it with finger pressure.

There are many reasons to be cautious with a Kahr, but take down isn't one of them.

Hope this helps.
    If the slide stop lever is still too tight to pull using just your fingers once you move it a little, you can also carefully use a small screw driver or other lever to move it that last little bit to grab it with your fingers.

It is a pain to take down, but I still really like my PM9.

My wife has a Kahr K9 (and a CM9) and I have a Nano. For me, the K9 has a much better trigger and I like the extra weight for controlling recoil. But, the Nano is also very accurate and takedown is effortless. Shoot the Nano if you can and then decide.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

You might as well keep the Kahr, it's too light to make a decent boat anchor, anyway!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links