Walther PPS

This is a discussion on Walther PPS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looked at a Walther PPS 40 today, thinking of acquiring one for a light alternative to my 1911, just something to carry under a T ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By zonker1986

Thread: Walther PPS

Walther PPS

Looked at a Walther PPS 40 today, thinking of acquiring one for a light alternative to my 1911, just something to carry under a T shirt. Anyone own one? Like it? Not?

2. Remove Ads

OO7
    My brother has one in 9mm and he loves it. I've put about 50 rounds through it myself and it shoots pretty nice. I prefer my shield .40 personally

I had both .. They are perfect for IWB/OWB and shoot great and are easy to take down .. I wish I had not sold mine but other things came up ..
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

I have a PPS in 9. Shoots well, carries better. Well built - carry it every day.
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

Had a PPS in 40. Cool gun. Traded it in on a S&W M&P 40c.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Thanks, I'm going back and forth between the Walther and an HK USP Compact Tactical 45 I know they don't really compare but I can't afford them both at once and I think they're both on the buy list.

I had one for about a year and sold it. It's nice that it shoots like a bigger gun... but that's because it is a bigger gun, being one of the larger of the new line of modern "Pocket" 9's; though still smaller than a 1911 for sure.

If you like the compact USP, you should take a gander at the HK45c.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

personally, I'd buy a SW Shield and a Glock 30S.....all for the price of one HK USP Tactical Compact 45. But I shop at Walmart and drive a Corolla.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I've been carrying a PPS .40 since 2008? 09? Carries easily in a High Noon holster. I find it to be the best automatic for cc made. It is renown for its accuracy, which doesn't really add to defensive shooting scenarios, but sure is fun on the range when it outshoots duty size frames. It takes some break in, but soon has one of the better striker fired triggers out there.

S&W stopped importing Walther so they could release their same market share, Shield. The Shield seemed like the cat's pajamas at the time. The grip on the Shield is a bit wider, and more ergonomic for some. It holds one more round. PPS owners have remarked about the overall finish of the PPS. The difference is like most guns. You get what you pay for. I wouldn't trade my PPS for a Shield. I would consider adding an XDs .45

Lead Moderator
    Mine works well, shoots great and is easy to carry. I'm not a fan of the mag release or expensive cost of magazines.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have one in 9mm. I have had several of the single stack 9's and the PPS is the best.

.XX
    I prefer P99c
    Shoots your collector guns!

I have a PPS in 9mm. Awesome gun, though not a pocket gun it still conceals very easily IWB. It is a very accurate and nice shooting gun for its size. FWIW, I was looking into purchasing an HK45CT, but ended up with the HK45T instead. The compact version really isn't all that compact (for an HK it is) and a little on the thick side for IWB carry. I also have a P30S in 9mm, which is another beautiful gun. The Walther P99C with the AS trigger is also a very nice gun.

Links