Mouse vs CZ-P07

Mouse vs CZ-P07

This is a discussion on Mouse vs CZ-P07 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My recent experience at a local LGS proved that I have no business looking at mouse guns. CZ-P07 in 9mm took the game out of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Mouse vs CZ-P07

Mouse vs CZ-P07

My recent experience at a local LGS proved that I have no business looking at mouse guns. CZ-P07 in 9mm took the game out of the park when compared to S&W Bodyguard (2014) and LCP (also new). My hand did not wrap well around these and I couldn't convince myself to spend more than four bills on a workout gun. Also, I am used to drawing from a IWB holster and can't imagine doing the same with a pocket gun.

So...I will not be revisiting this mouse gun concept anymore.

CZ-P07 is in my near future though. Compact, great capacity, a little over four bills, fantastic SA and pretty good DA.

Distinguished Member Array denclaste's Avatar
    I went thru the same process. Tried 4 mouse guns and hated each one. If I cant get a full hand grip on the gun without some type of mag extension hanging out the bottom its useless to me. I know they are meant for very close range use only but my handguns are shot weekly and must be versatile enough for multiple uses.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    After owning 38, 38+P and .357 revolvers intended for CCW, along with LCP, Micro DE and other .380s.

My new Glock 26 is about as small as I want to go.

A Kimber SOLO might be better for concealment or actual pocket carry, but I have more trust in a Glock.

My P-07 for most days, esp. in the winter.

VIP Member
    P-07 over ANY mouse/micro gun ANY day of the week and twice on Sunday.

For the price, you'll have a hard time finding a better SD handgun.
    ghost tracker likes this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

My shouting buddy carries a 1911, but fit those short errands he carries an LC9 in a pocket holster....I just can't get the knack in shooting it well.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

every sized gun has its own mission. After carrying for a while, you will learn that. One size does not fit all and over time you will add other smaller carry guns to go
    with the dress of the day and your ability to conceal. Try going to the beach wearing nothing but a bathing suit with that P07 Duty. Good luck.

Here is my load out for today:

Glock 33 .357 SIG (primary Carry)
    Kahr CM9 9mm (jacket pocket)
    Kahr CW380 .380 (right front pants pocket -in case I am jumped by Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs)
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

1911 on my belt and a Sig P938 in my pocket.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    every sized gun has its own mission. After carrying for a while, you will learn that. One size does not fit all and over time you will add other smaller carry guns to go
    with the dress of the day and your ability to conceal. Try going to the beach wearing nothing but a bathing suit with that P07 Duty. Good luck.

Here is my load out for today:

Glock 33 .357 SIG (primary Carry)
    Kahr CM9 9mm (jacket pocket)
    Kahr CW380 .380 (right front pants pocket -in case I am jumped by Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs)
    Good point. Never say never I guess.

My thinking was more along the lines of EDC in "normal" street clothes.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Good point. Never say never I guess.

My thinking was more along the lines of EDC in "normal" street clothes.
    normal street clothes in Michigan and normal street clothes in Orlando are entirely different. A gun that is easily concealed in colder climates due to dress is next to impossible
    to conceal in hot climates like Florida. When summer comes around and the clothes get lighter, you have to adjust accordingly. While I know a lot of guys that conceal full size
    guns wearing a t-shirt and speedos, I am not one of them. I like to stick with service calibers even in my smaller guns, and there are plenty of 9mm's that work for that role. You
    do not have to sacrifice good ballistics when you down size in the summer. Also, I might add: Learn to shoot any gun. Even the little guns with practically nothing to hold onto
    serve a purpose. Don't think for a second that just because your pinky dangles off the grip that you cannot be deadly with that little cannon. I learned to shoot the first Glock 26
    that came out in 1995 with the two finger grip while others whined about "no place for my pinky".
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Comparing ergonomics of a P07 to any other gun just isn't fair. You can still pocket carry some 9mm's and J-frame revolvers.

Oh, Cajun Gun Works will make short order of that "ok" SA trigger. You can do some work yourself, but the decocker makes it a bit more complicated than the safety models (75's)

If you like how the P07 feels you will LOVE the feel of a Rami or PCR D. I've had a P07 and it's a fine weapon but IMO doesn't quite measure up to those other CZ's. When I acquired those two CZ's my frequent buying/selling of handguns ceased. They are that good. I wish they made a .45 the size of the PCR D.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CZRex View Post
    If you like how the P07 feels you will LOVE the feel of a Rami or PCR D. I've had a P07 and it's a fine weapon but IMO doesn't quite measure up to those other CZ's. When I acquired those two CZ's my frequent buying/selling of handguns ceased. They are that good. I wish they made a .45 the size of the PCR D.
    I have to agree that the P-07 is not quite the gun my full sized 75 is. However, we all know that carry handguns are a collection of compromises. While I love the ergonomics and recoil absorption all that steel provides when I am actually shooting, it is another story all together when I carry it all day on my hip.

The P-07 is a compromise in size and weight. The ergonomics are still (mostly) there and the recoil in the polymer frame is certainly no worse that my GLOCK 19.

Thank goodness there are different "flavors" of CZ to cover a large variety of tastes!
    Train hard, live easy.

Distinguished Member
    I've been anti mouse gun + pocket guns for a while now. I carried a little 380 in my pocket when I first started carrying - until I started to work on drawing from the pocket, then really got away from all that. I prefer to carry a decent sized, full grip, higher capacity gun on my waist = midsize glock for going on 2 years now .

That being said, there is a time and place for the pocket rocket and mouse guns I believe. I have decide this year I'm going to get another pocket gun. I went all last summer never taking my shirt off, because I had a my EDC IWB all the time - not my idea of the perfect summer.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still carry my usual EDC IWB 90% of the time - by far my preferred setup, but a handful of days, prob only even for a few hours here and there - I'll be toting a little gun in my pocket. Looked at all the micro 9mms and 380's, but decide for the pocket gun - it will be the LCR for me. Also, now that I feel I've become just about proficient with my G19, looking forward to the challenge of learning to shoot a small revolver well.
    Haywood likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    Hard to beat a CZ for ergonomic, accuracy and reliability. I have a RAMI, 75 Compact, P-01 and P-07 and a 82. My P-01 and P-07 are my go to EDC guns, with the P-07 getting the nod most of the time, due to weight.

OP, the P-07 you looked at. Is it the Duty or the newer model with interchangeable back straps?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    However, we all know that carry handguns are a collection of compromises......it is another story all together when I carry it all day on my hip.
    Agreed. Before I started carrying AIWB I traded away a Compact 75 in nickel per your reasoning. Wish I'd tried AIWB with it.
    Kennydale likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links