smith 351c or lcr 22 mag ?

This is a discussion on smith 351c or lcr 22 mag ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been thinking of a j frame size stub nose in 22 mag ... I like that there is no interal lock on the 351c but ...

Thread: smith 351c or lcr 22 mag ?

smith 351c or lcr 22 mag ?

Been thinking of a j frame size stub nose in 22 mag ... I like that there is no interal lock on the 351c but the price they are going for (600 + ) is kinda of hard to bit right now as this would be a bug or plinker so was thinking about the lcr ( I mean 300-400 bucks is a little easier ) but it holds one less round ..

So what I am wondering is trigger/function/reliabilty wise what would you pick .. I already have 38 /357 j frames so this would be a bug gun or plinking gun.

thanks
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

2. Remove Ads

Rimfire revolvers, in most instances, have stronger hammer springs than their center fire counterparts. As a result, the pull is stiffer. If you try to tune it up & trigger-weight down, you risk FTF from light hammer strikes. Between the two you've mentioned, I'd naturally lean toward the S&W. I sometimes carry an alloy-frame High Standard 9 shot .22 mag snubbie. Very nice & light, plenty of capacity, and handy.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Either would be good, but for the money I think the LCR would be a tough act to follow! Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

My vote goes for LCR 357. Awesome gun.

Links