What handgun sights did you choose?

What handgun sights did you choose?

This is a discussion on What handgun sights did you choose? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought some 10-8 performance sights for my G26, have not installed them yet. Curious to see what everyone else is running. Oddly enough i ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: What handgun sights did you choose?

Senior Member Array Christopher67's Avatar

Question What handgun sights did you choose?

I bought some 10-8 performance sights for my G26, have not installed them yet. Curious to see what everyone else is running. Oddly enough i got an email to watch this video today lol.

Thanks in advance.

My SD guns mostly have the stock sights, but some of those came with tritium inserts. The only after-market sights I've had installed are three-dot Trijicons on my Sig P-229.

I have a G30 with Trijicon Sights.

Factory sights all the way around..... after my last debacle with replacing sights, I want no part of it.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Thumbs up

I have XS Big Dot sights on my Glock 19 and 23 and they are great for combat sights for my 60 plus year old eyes.

Image.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    I tried a fiber optic on my G21, once.

I either leave em factory stock. or now I have put tritium sights on a few of the "serious" guns.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

I bought these sights(10-8), but thinknig i might order up some XS Big Dots lol.

My Glocks have the factory Glock night sights (which are apparently made by Meprolight). My Beretta used to have Trijicons, but now has Meprolights (bigger dot and brighter). My wife's Glock has Trijicons, but my guess is they will be replaced sometime this summer.

I'm a fan of night sights - not because you are going to shoot in the dark (generally not a good thing to do), but because they look like regular sights during the day but are brighter in low light situations. I like the bigger and brighter dots, so the Meprolights are my personal favorite. I haven't tried using different colors yet (yellow or orange), or mixing colors (different front and back). Maybe someday.

Curious to see what everyone else is running
    Trijicon HDs are what I use on my Glocks and I couldn't be happier. If I remember correctly there are a couple of front sight options to choose from for use with the 10-8s. I'd be interested to hear what your choice is along with some pictures when you finish installation..

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    XS Big Dot or Meprolight green front/ yellow rear are preferred; however if a pistol came with regular 3 dot green nights, or that was all I could get, they would suffice. Some form of night sights on my carry pistols, regardless.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Reason why i bought the 10-8 performance sights was, they had good reviews & its easy to replace the fiber optic in the front sight. Also didn't want to worry about the front tritium wearing out & fiber is very cheap to replace. No health concerns with tritium sights?

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Trijicon HDs are what I use on my Glocks and I couldn't be happier. If I remember correctly there are a couple of front sight options to choose from for use with the 10-8s. I'd be interested to hear what your choice is along with some pictures when you finish installation..

Yea i will, Im thinking of trading my Gen4 G26 in for either Gen G30 or a Gen4 G27, thats another reason for not installing the sight as of yet. But i digress LOL!

Oh & im waiting for the release of this rear sight. http://soldiersystems.net/2013/05/29...wilson-combat/

I run Novak Lo-Mounts on both Colts and both Glocks. The SP101 still has the stock sights. Not sure what, if anything, to do with my Ruger.
    Christopher67 likes this.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

All of the guns I carry have night sights either stock or from various manufacturers.
    Christopher67 and StormRhydr like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

My G19 and G26 both have the Ameriglo Hackathorns. I can get a picture if you want.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links