LGS Visit Thoughts

This is a discussion on LGS Visit Thoughts within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took a trip on my motorcycle to a LGS that I visit occasionally and make my purchases from. This was my first time going ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By sioux565
  • 2 Post By ritepath
  • 2 Post By ginzo
  • 1 Post By zonker1986
  • 1 Post By sliderbk

Thread: LGS Visit Thoughts

Post LGS Visit Thoughts

I took a trip on my motorcycle to a LGS that I visit occasionally and make my purchases from. This was my first time going there in a few months, so I wasn't sure what to expect as far as what they had in stock and pricing. Here is what I found:

M&P 40 - Man, what a gun. This is definitely going to be a future purchase of mine. It felt great in my hand and the fact that it is full ambidextrous is great for us lefty's.

M&P 40C - This too was just as nice as the full sized version, but didn't feel as nice in my hand.

Sig P250 Compact - The quality of the P250 was great and it felt pretty good in my hand. For some reason though, it just didn't appeal to me.

SA XDS 9/45 - The XDS has been a gun that I've looked at many times in the past and it is still on my radar. The size seems just right, but it is a bit heavy.

Beretta Nano - I've been looking for a sub-compact single stack handgun and the Nano will not be that gun for me. It felt very awkward when trying to get a grip on it and was heavy for its size.

Sig 939 - The LGS had a few models of the 938 available for me to check out. The models with the wood grips looked great, but were very slick. The rubber grips helped to attain a secure grip on the gun. I've shot full sized 1911's before and the thumb safety on the 938 was awkward to reach. That was the only con I saw about the gun.

Now for the list of handguns that really caught my eye:

Glock 42 - To my surprise, and the LGS staff, they has a G42 in the display case. Compared to the other compact and full sized Glock's in the case, it looked like a toy. This gun was fantastic when I handled it and I could easily see purchasing it. The only drawback is that I am not looking for a .380 handgun. The G42 could easily change that. They price tag was $460. They said I could get the Blue Label price for $350.

Kahr CW380 - I was surprised to see this new handgun in the case as well. It was about the same size as the LCP, but just a bit thinner. If I was in the market for a .380 handgun, it would come down to this and the G42. The price tag was $360.

I was hoping to see a Kahr CW40 or CM40. They had none in stock at the time, but the prices were $370 and $377, respectively. I was leaning towards the Kahr CM40 before making the trip to the LGS. After making the visit, I am still considering the CM40 and also the Glock 42 and Kahr CW380. With the prices all close to each other, it will make my decision tough.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

The M&P40 full size is next on my list....

That is unless...

The sig p320 catches my attention when it hits shelves.

I have a shield and LCP they're the only two CC sidearms I need.

However.com you're right everyone needs a 380 to slip in their pocket. To me the CM40 is a tad small for a 40, Hell I thought it was too small in 9mm and instead picked the Shield. If I'd had any faith in the lower level Kahrs the CW45 would have come home with me.

Good luck in making your decision.
    gatorbait51 and sioux565 like this.
    Joe was right.

Great selection! No slight to any others, but I'm an M&P guy.
    I'll give a To the 2 M&P's. Well worth the money, and a great addition to any collection!
    I have 638 wheel gun (in transit) I hope at this time. Been a 3 month search to find, plus the research time to make that choice.
    gatorbait51 and sioux565 like this.
    Criminals don't register guns.
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six

Quote Originally Posted by ritepath View Post
    If I'd had any faith in the lower level Kahrs the CW45 would have come home with me.
    the only difference between the Kahr P series and the CW/CM series is a standard rifling barrel vs polyganol and pinned vs dovetail sights and the machining on the slide. Everything else is exactly the same on the CW/CM models as the P models......only about $200 cheaper. This is one of the very best values in a .45 carry gun....

sioux565 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Nice thing about the m&ps is you can changed them to fire 9mm or 357 sig was my plain to own them all but I deiced they just were not my thing ..

Really what are you looking for ? The 938 and nano and most Khars are pocket carry guns ditto the XDS.. For me the XDS is the easiest to take down and clean the nano is pretty easy Kahrs are last ..

Also what guns do you have if you have the bigger version of any of thess get the smaller .. Most of my guns take down and clean/fire pretty much like the others .. I dont like learing new take down etc for all the guns ..
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

If your a Lefty get the nano it was MADE for lefteies .. All parts on it will change to the left side etc both the mag drop and all that .. The 938 has a ambi saftey as does the m&p I think maybe you can get the mag drop on a m&p not a 100% though ..

Really look at the nano manual you will see what I am talking about ...
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Own a Kahr CW380. Outstanding pocket pistol. It shoots really well and can be carried anywhere with ease. It's not as long as the G42 which suits pocket carry and BUG duty. If you're ever in the market for a 380, rent or borrow one to give it a try.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Kahr CW380, Kahr P9, Walther P99AS

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I am going to have to agree with Ritepath, the P320 is the one that excites me right now. The full sized P320 started shipping last week, I am waiting on the compact 9mm slide with mid-sized or full grip frame.

If you liked the P250 you may love the P320, uses the same interchangeable grip modules, (the serialized part in the trigger group/housing), so you could have a full sized, compact, and sub-compact with only one "gun". From the reports of some of the guys on other forums, the trigger is amazing and the gun is very, very high quality and beautifully machined. With a price ~ $520 that includes Tritium sights I am thinking Sig has a real winner here.

Links