Kahr CW380 range report

Kahr CW380 range report

This is a discussion on Kahr CW380 range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like to start off by saying I am very very disappointed. This is the reason I carry Glock and I should have bought ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Kahr CW380 range report

Kahr CW380 range report

I would like to start off by saying I am very very disappointed. This is the reason I carry Glock and I should have bought the G42.

The gun was accurate and the trigger was one of the best DAO I have ever shot. But the gun would not eject. I'm not taking stovepipes either. It wouldn't even attempt to eject. Every round I had to pop the magazine out turn the gun upside down and rack the slide to get the casing out. EVERY ROUND. On the rare occasion that the casing did eject the slide would stop 3/4 of the way forward and I had to bang on the back of the slide to get it to go all the way forward with the next round. I will be calling Kahr Monday and telling them to fix this piece of crap. Before anyone says anything about "break in periods" I would like to explain that before shooting it today I racked the slide a few hundred times, cleaned and oiled it twice and left the slide locked back in my safe for two days.

I also tried multiple brands of ammo with the same results.

Anyone know how kahrs customer service is? What the turn around time for repairs is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. – Gen James Mattis USMC

You have to put 200 rounds or more though the gun to break it in .. If you still have isseu then call them... just racking it wont do anything it specifcalty states to put 200 rounds or more though it ..
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    You have to put 200 rounds or more though the gun to break it in .. If you still have isseu then call them... just racking it wont do anything it specifcalty states to put 200 rounds or more though it ..
    Screw putting 200 rounds through it. I could see putting 200 rounds through it to work out a jam every 25 rounds or so. But jamming every round is unacceptable.

Taurahe likes this.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. – Gen James Mattis USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Chad0724 View Post
    Screw putting 200 rounds through it. I could see putting 200 rounds through it to work out a jam every 25 rounds or so. But jamming every round is unacceptable.

Heck when I had a cw9 it jammed ever 2 round or less sold it for that reason pre break in...

You know aobut all the fun I have had with them .. Some people get lucky and love them others ..

But I think they are going to tell you put 200 roudns in then call us back it states that on there site ..
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

OO7
    I hate the "break it in" theory. All the best guns I've had I've never had a bad break in period.
    Taurahe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I hate the "break it in" theory. All the best guns I've had I've never had a bad break in period.
    I hate to say it. But every single one of my Glocks have been absolutely flawless straight out of the box. I have never ever had even one single Jam with any of them. And they all have over 1000 rounds through them.

I hate to say it. But every single one of my Glocks have been absolutely flawless straight out of the box. I have never ever had even one single Jam with any of them. And they all have over 1000 rounds through them.

Yep same sit Khar are about the only guns I have had issues with from the get go
    ccw9mm likes this.

Took the gun apart and the rails on the lower are all chewed to Sh**. Something isn't right here..

Took the gun apart and the rails on the lower are all chewed to Sh**. Something isn't right here..

FYI, those aren't the actual frame rails. They just make it easier to reassemble the gun.

Every one of the six Kahrs I have previously owned looked like that. Kahr's response was that the metal rails is what the slide rides on, not the plastic surrounding them. They never did explain why some of the gouging was more pronounced on some guns, less on others. And they never were able to correct any of the cycling issues on those six guns. Sold them all, at great loss, in addition to the vast expenditure in ammo and time to attempt resolving the issues. Soured me on the Kahr pistols for eternity, until they begin to earn a solid reputation for out-of-the-box reliability and an awareness of what the causes are for lack of it.

OP, that included 3 of the P380's. None cycled correctly, with frequent jams on feeding, frequent failure to eject, occasional stovepipes, and a few other little gems.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Every one of the six Kahrs I have previously owned looked like that. Kahr's response was that the metal rails is what the slide rides on, not the plastic surrounding them. They never did explain why some of the gouging was more pronounced on some guns, less on others. And they never were able to correct any of the cycling issues on those six guns. Sold them all, at great loss, in addition to the vast expenditure in ammo and time to attempt resolving the issues. Soured me on the Kahr pistols for eternity, until they begin to earn a solid reputation for out-of-the-box reliability and an awareness of what the causes are for lack of it.

OP, that included 3 of the P380's. None cycled correctly, with frequent jams on feeding, frequent failure to eject, occasional stovepipes, and a few other little gems.
    How was customer service? What was the turn around time?

How was customer service? What was the turn around time?
    With the exception of 100% inability to correct any of the issues, the service was great and done in admirably little time. For whatever that's worth, given lack of reliability upon repeated times to the Kahr shop for corrections. Great folks to speak with, though. Nice enough. Just no correction came of the changes they'd attempted.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    SEND IT BACK.....

You cant break in a gun that is defective,let them make it right,its a 380 for god sakes it was made for woman mostly too

I like my PM9 alot but to be honest Kahr has too high of attrition rate,send them mutha home
    and let them run 200 rounds through it or ask for a refund...

Springfield tried that BS on me with their XDs45...6 months later they recalled them all

MAKE THEM WORK FOR YOU.....

Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    SEND IT BACK.....

MAKE THEM WORK FOR YOU.....

That's about the only standard of customer service I'll accept, these days. Make it right, one way or the other. I'm done with spending a fortune on break-in ammo and time on the Kahr pistols, or for any other. If it goes finicky in much of the first 500-1000rds, I'm on the horn with the maker to have them make it right.
    ExGM likes this.

Kahr seems to be the only gun that goes from one end of the spectrum (great or crap) to the other. And I'm not talking about a few issues either. Appears to be many of these popping up. Just reading about some of these would give me sufficient reason not to buy a Kahr.
    WrongRecroom and ExGM like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links