GLOCK 42 vs The World

GLOCK 42 vs The World

This is a discussion on GLOCK 42 vs The World within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have two M&P Shields. One is NIB and the other one I have fired. I actually like the Shield....except for the safety and it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: GLOCK 42 vs The World

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

GLOCK 42 vs The World

I have two M&P Shields. One is NIB and the other one I have fired. I actually like the Shield....except for the safety and it is not a Glock. I am going to sell the NIB one to finance the purchase of my next handgun.

I recently purchased a Glock 42. It is still NIB and I am considering selling it as well as carrying a .380 just doesn't thrill me, but it is better than no gun.

I am looking at the XDs 9mm and was all set to buy one until I discovered that it weighs twice as much as the Glock 42. (Well, I am going to buy one and probably use it until Glock comes out with a single stack 9mm...which may be a loooooooooong time, or not.)

I like the striker fired guns, so not interested in Sigs, Nanos, etc. I had a Walther but did not like the magazine release. (Ya, I know, particular.)

Oy, oy, oy, oy, oy. With back pain, I really need a thinner, lighter gun preferably with no safety. What is a person to do?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

From a newbie....
    Sell 2 & consider an HK p2000sk.
    gatorbait51 and flintlock62 like this.

Shield. Just don't use the safety.

Striker fired, thinner, lighter, no safety? The Bersa BP9CC has all the qualities you are looking for!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

I'll take The World. While I'm not afraid to carry a 380, I'd just as soon have a 9 or a j frame. My CM9 is continuing to impress me considerably.

I dont think I ever had a gun that I didnt like because it was not a Glock. Good a reason as any I reckon though. Heck Id probably like another Glock, if it wasnt a Glock
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Kahr CM9.

I don't own one, but it is 9mm, light, small, and thin. The Beretta Nano also fits that criteria except for it being "light".

I'm surprised that people are calling the Glock 42 junk and saying it's too weak considering the premier .380 CC gun, the famed Makarov, is still a popular carry gun. That and the advances in ballistics and metallurgy since the first Makarovs arrived in the US.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I'll keep my Shield and LCP...both dead solid perfect. I am considering a p220 carry...
    NebraskasFinest likes this.
    Joe was right.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
    I'm surprised that people are calling the Glock 42 junk and saying it's too weak considering the premier .380 CC gun, the famed Makarov, is still a popular carry gun...
    The "famed Makarov" is hardly "the premier .380 CC gun". It's a service pistol; bigger than almost any .380, and it's not even a .380.
    Echo_Four and OD* like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post

I have two M&P Shields. One is NIB and the other one I have fired. I actually like the Shield....except for the safety and it is not a Glock. I am going to sell the NIB one to finance the purchase of my next handgun.

I recently purchased a Glock 42. It is still NIB and I am considering selling it as well as carrying a .380 just doesn't thrill me, but it is better than no gun.

I am looking at the XDs 9mm and was all set to buy one until I discovered that it weighs twice as much as the Glock 42. (Well, I am going to buy one and probably use it until Glock comes out with a single stack 9mm...which may be a loooooooooong time, or not.)

I like the striker fired guns, so not interested in Sigs, Nanos, etc. I had a Walther but did not like the magazine release. (Ya, I know, particular.)

Oy, oy, oy, oy, oy. With back pain, I really need a thinner, lighter gun preferably with no safety. What is a person to do?
    Disable the safety on the shield and call it a day. I may be doing this to mine in the near future; it looks easy enough to do. That IMO, would make the shield pretty darn close to perfect. Oh' but adding the XDS would still be a good purchase too.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    What a total biased glock hack video. Why compare the glock 42 to sgl stack 9mm? "because of the size". So he's almost saying its a bonus to have a 380 larger than its 380 competitors? and compare it against a more powerful caliber?

if the 380 42 isn't in the pocketable category and it needs to be carried iwb/owb, why the heck are people going to choose it w/ all the nice sgl stack 9mm options? or even other compact glocks?

It PAINS him to say anything else is 'better' than the 42, and totally disses the difference between 9mm and 380.
    spclopr8tr likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    MY LGS CALLED

YOUR G42 has arrived..
    ETXhiker and fizzle like this.

Revolver.
    5lima30ret and 10thmtn like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    Striker fired, thinner, lighter, no safety? The Bersa BP9CC has all the qualities you are looking for!
    ^this, some have issues with the mag disconnect, but other than that it is basically a Glock single stack 9 with a better trigger.
    zonker1986 and DJC7 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links