smith mp c 9 magazine

smith mp c 9 magazine

This is a discussion on smith mp c 9 magazine within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i recently bought a smith mp 9 c, and ive found that putting the 12 rounds into the mag can be a bit of a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: smith mp c 9 magazine

smith mp c 9 magazine

i recently bought a smith mp 9 c, and ive found that putting the 12 rounds into the mag can be a bit of a chore, especially the last round in.it took me some time to get it to load into the mag. has anyone else with this gun experienced this.?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Only when they were brand new. Load 'em up and let 'em sit. After a few times to the range, they'll get a LITTLE easier to load.

Yep, pretty stiff springs on the M&P's when they are new. Gets better.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    yep, they loosen up quickly. Speaking of mp 9c magazines. Has anyone tried the MecGar +2 ext base plate in their 9C mags? I read it fits and gives you 2 extra rounds. I'd be interested in that if it isn't longer than the pinky extension for the 12 round mags.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Get a thumb loader. It makes it real easy.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...thumb%20loader
    Calvito likes this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

I haven't had any problem with my mags from day one. It wasn't any harder to get the last round in that any other magazine I have every loaded.

Get an uplula, by maglula. You will love it.

Maglula UpLULA Pistol Mag Loader Unloader Polymer Black

Uplula. All done.

I have several, and always will. Saves thumbs. Best 25 bucks you'll spend on shooting handguns.
    Calvito likes this.

Yeah, that last round in the M&Pc is tough and the +1 is a dang beast! I second the uplula, especially for range days.

Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    yep, they loosen up quickly. Speaking of mp 9c magazines. Has anyone tried the MecGar +2 ext base plate in their 9C mags? I read it fits and gives you 2 extra rounds. I'd be interested in that if it isn't longer than the pinky extension for the 12 round mags.
    so would i, this is the first ive heard of them
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

thanks everybody i ordered a mag loader a few minutes ago.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

― Thomas Paine

https://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php

A forum member referred me to this site when I bought the 9mm barrel for my 40c and needed some 9mm magazines. He sells factory magazines, the uplula, the X-grip adapter to use with the full size magazines and the +2 baseplate mentioned above.

The prices are decent and I had a good experience ordering from them, so I figured I would put it out there in case you were interested. I have no affiliation with them other than being a happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    I've tried various +2 +etc. base plates for the 9c. and I have not liked any of them either based on feel or reliability. Adding those extensions actually reduce the spring strength and can get rounds to move awkwardly in the mag leading to ftf, etc.

I made the decision that the only reliable and comfortable magazine option for me are a factory 12 round mag with pinky extension or a factory 17 round mag with xgrip. Never had any problems with those 2 options.

For decades, I never had any need (or use) for magazine loaders. The only one I've ever used was one that came with my XDm .40.

As I get older, though, and my hands more arthritic, they're looking more & more appealing. I'll be starting to use them for 9mm & .45 before long!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Calvito View Post
    https://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php

A forum member referred me to this site when I bought the 9mm barrel for my 40c and needed some 9mm magazines. He sells factory magazines, the uplula, the X-grip adapter to use with the full size magazines and the +2 baseplate mentioned above.

The prices are decent and I had a good experience ordering from them, so I figured I would put it out there in case you were interested. I have no affiliation with them other than being a happy customer.
    how much longer does the 2 + base plate make the mp c grip? any pics?

― Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links