Revolvus Interruptis

This is a discussion on Revolvus Interruptis within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My quest for older S&W Revolvers hit a snag on today's outing. I ran up on this cute lil' number for $385, and just couldn't ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 3 Post By PluggedNickle
  • 2 Post By sensei2
  • 2 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 2 Post By WoodLark
  • 2 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 2 Post By Bigsteve113
  • 2 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By grouse

Thread: Revolvus Interruptis

Revolvus Interruptis

My quest for older S&W Revolvers hit a snag on today's outing. I ran up on this cute lil' number for $385, and just couldn't resist. It's a 6906, serial TFH5xxx. Not new condition, but a high excellent, with 2 magazines. Alas, no box.

I was on the way to the range when I stopped in at the LGS, so it's already had a range outing today. I was holding a bit left at longer ranges, but I'm sure it's more me than the gun. I tend to do that with about everything, probably because I just don't see so good n'more.

DSC00097.jpg

All rounds on this target are 115grn 9mm Win Bulk Box. The white pasties in the 5 ring are 10 yards slow fire. The two outside the 5 ring is a 10 yard double tap. The white pasties on the head are 15 yards slow fire. The orange pasties are 25 yards slow fire, and the orange pasties with black "X"s are 7 yards double taps. The double taps are from low ready, safety on, with a double action pull for the first shot and single action second. The little gun is pretty bad-ass, actually.

2014-04-15 14.57.22.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Nice gun. Nice price. Congratulations!

Great gun great price !

Now you have to get a keltec p11 and a 5906 to go with it ..

If you look you can find factory made 20 round mags for it ... No kidding smith made 20 round sticks for the 59 and seper one with higer catches for the 69 ... Ask me how I found that out ....

Also the camp rifle in 9mm is a great gun to go with this ...

Very nice and very good price
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Great gun great price !

Now you have to get a keltec p11 and a 5906 to go with it ..

If you look you can find factory made 20 round mags for it ... No kidding smith made 20 round sticks for the 59 and seper one with higer catches for the 69 ... Ask me how I found that out ....

Also the camp rifle in 9mm is a great gun to go with this ...

Very nice and very good price
    Skip the P11. It has a horrible trigger, but ... I have a 6906, 6946, 5903 and Marlin Camp Rifle. Nice combo for mag sharing!
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    Skip the P11. It has a horrible trigger, but ... I have a 6906, 6946, 5903 and Marlin Camp Rifle. Nice combo for mag sharing!
    Dont forget the sub 2000 as well ...
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    Cool lil guns. I remember carrying those back in the late 80's and early 90's back when I was a young buck working in Narcotics.......I had no complaints with that piece!
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

VIP Member
    Had a 6906 but let it go to a work associate in a trade for my old 39-2 that I decided I wanted back.
    Still have a 6904(blued model).
    Real nice shooting.
    Not inherently accurate, but deadly enough for combat distance.

Nice acquisition on your part. They are well made pistols, and carry well if you want to.
    I do not carry mine as I have .357 sig pistols I prefer.
    They are essentially the same size as an M&P compact.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Shot one of those once, I remember being surprised at its accuracy.

Congrats & Enjoy!
    PluggedNickle likes this.

Had a S&W 5906 once upon a time....and a friend of mine was always wanting to buy it from me..I sold it to him with no profit ..with the stipulation that I got first dibs if he ever wanted to move it...in a week he sold it ..for a fat profit..

I pretty much wrote him off for any future gun trades and such.

Heck of a pistol...shot White Box Winchester 147gr HP extremely well

Links