G19 vs G26 for IWB comfort ?

This is a discussion on G19 vs G26 for IWB comfort ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Glock 19, and while sure, I can carry it IWB, it's rather hefty and it can get tricky when I sit down ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: G19 vs G26 for IWB comfort ?

G19 vs G26 for IWB comfort ?

I have a Glock 19, and while sure, I can carry it IWB, it's rather hefty and it can get tricky when I sit down and stuff. I'm looking at the G26, but wonder if it's enough of a size difference to make it worth it. Outside of that I think I would go to a .380. I actually put a G26 in my waistband today at the store, but of course at the store you can't mess around with it as much as if you owned the gun.

Thoughts ?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I carry them both IWB from time to time, but the 26 definitely gets the lion's share....

The mags from the 19 get carried regardless with either one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    I carry them both IWB from time to time, but the 26 definitely gets the lion's share....

The mags from the 19 get carried regardless with either one.
    Ok. Is the G26 comfortable enough that you wouldn't be tempted with a smaller .380 ?

I carry both but not IWB (although I just ordered one from Alien Gear). Honestly the 19 is so easy to carry that if you are having issues I think you should look long and hard at a .380. I just don't think you gain that much going from the 19 to the 26.
    Czombie likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    I carry both but not IWB (although I just ordered one from Alien Gear). Honestly the 19 is so easy to carry that if you are having issues I think you should look long and hard at a .380. I just don't think you gain that much going from the 19 to the 26.
    Well my thing with the 19 is that it feels like it's pushing into my belly (2 o'clock). I'm also having a hard time finding space at 4 o'clock. Any recommendations ?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo_max View Post
    Ok. Is the G26 comfortable enough that you wouldn't be tempted with a smaller .380 ?

With the right holster, yes. I use a Crossbreed Super Tuck for the 26.

I have never carried a .380 or wanted to.

I have a Glock 19, and while sure, I can carry it IWB, it's rather hefty and it can get tricky when I sit down and stuff. I'm looking at the G26, but wonder if it's enough of a size difference to make it worth it. Outside of that I think I would go to a .380. I actually put a G26 in my waistband today at the store, but of course at the store you can't mess around with it as much as if you owned the gun.

Thoughts ?
    I have carried both and definitely find the G26 both more comfortable to carry because of the reduced weight and easier to conceal because of the the shorter grip. That being said, I am always tempted by smaller guns. Recently I have been pocket carrying my LCP more than anything because it's a lot more wardrobe versatile.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Well my thing with the 19 is that it feels like it's pushing into my belly (2 o'clock). I'm also having a hard time finding space at 4 o'clock. Any recommendations ?
    Back just a little, say 4:30ish....

I wear mine in the same spot whether OWB or IWB. The gun pretty much lined up with the belt loop that is just to the right (forward) of the right rear pocket.
    glockcoma and farsidefan1 like this.

I carry either a G33, same size as the G26, a SA XDs 45 or a full size 5" 1911 all stainless steel.

Any of them will poke me in the stomach at the 2:00 o'clock position, especially the 1911, and they all print to much at 4:00 o'clock, so I carry at the 2:45 position with a Theis hybrid holster with two clips and a strong forward cant to help keep the grip from printing when I bend, stoop or kneel down.

This puts the muzzle on the 3:00 o'clock line and even though the grip frame presses against my ribs this seems work work well enough no matter the size of the weapon. Within reason of course. The 6" 686 Plus is just to much to carry no matter how much I love it.

If the G19 is too big then you might want to try a Shield, XDS, or Nano. The single stacks are definitely more comfortable to conceal IWB. Obviously you have to balance increased comfort versus reduced capacity.
    Stevew, glockcoma and ironmike86 like this.

Maybe skip the 380 and look at the single stack 9s? Lc9, Kahr, shield and many others. My brother carries a g26 in crossbreed with fitted t shirts and I hardly notice and I look for it. I carry a kahr cw9 in a crossbreed as we'll and nobody notices. We both are 6' 185, not sure if that matters.
    Stevew likes this.

I carry a 19 in a max tuck at 3:30. Cooler weather is fine. Now that spring/summer is around, I'm considering carrying my model 60 snub. Fr working outside in the heat, wearing thin shirts, the 19 is not ideal for my line of work. I was considering the 26, but keep asking myself the same question.......

I would avoid 380's altogether unless you must have a pocket pistol. 9mm or .38 is the smallest I will go.

How big are you?
    I've had the G19, G26, and G42.
    I'm a small dude (5'7", 155lb, 12% bf) and wear clothes that actually fit well. Concealing the G19 is a definite no go unless I'm wearing a jacket. G26 is a bit too wide, but doable if I don't ever plan on bending over (when carrying 4 o'clock) or slouching in the slightest (appendix). The G42 much better for my body type and what I wear.
    glockcoma likes this.

I only have the 26 but I can't see the 19 feeling ant differently as far as comfort. 26 might be a tad easier to conceal but that depends on body shape a choice of clothing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links