My "new" carry gun, SIG P239 9mm pics

This is a discussion on My "new" carry gun, SIG P239 9mm pics within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posted this in a different thread but I will give the short story here. I have been wanting a S&W M&P .40 pretty badly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My "new" carry gun, SIG P239 9mm pics

I posted this in a different thread but I will give the short story here.

I have been wanting a S&W M&P .40 pretty badly for a while now. The other night I told my wife that I was considering selling my XD .40sc to gain the funds needed to buy the M&P. She told me there was no way I was doing that. She wanted the XD and told me that she has secretly liked the grip on the XD better than the grip on her carry gun, a SIG P239 in 9mm for some time. So, she made me a deal, she claimed the XD as her own and told me to sell the SIG with its 4 magazines and Hogue grips for the money to buy the M&P.
    Now my 16 year old son enters the conversation and tells me that instead of selling the SIG, he would like to have it. He has been doing research on his first handgun to own. I buy all my kids their first handgun at 16 so they can really get good with it and learn the gun inside and out in the 5 years before they can actually own the gun. At 21 I transfer ownership of the gun to them and pay for there carry permit class.
    So, the SIG is staying in the family, I will carry it until I save the money to get the M&P. The end result is, I am out an XD (the wife has claimed it) the SIG will be my sons gun, and I still don't have my M&P. Old Dad seems to have come out on the short end of the stick on this one. But, tax refund time is just a month or so away so I should have my M&P soon.

Anyway, I thought you guys might like to see some pics of the SIG.
    Attached Images
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Sounds like wise choices on everyone's part!!!

PT Now I am a Young buck so to speak, and I have learned this trick I figured a wise man like yourself would have learned this long ago

Buy the M&p and tell you wife its a present to yourself for your long hard work to lose all the weight you have lost .......... She cant argue that reasoning LOL

Sounds good. I just picked up a Sig P239 last week in .40, it sure is a nice gun.

jay

Congrats...

on the new 'addition' to the family...

Enjoy your new EDC...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by customtle View Post
    PT Now I am a Young buck so to speak, and I have learned this trick I figured a wise man like yourself would have learned this long ago

Buy the M&p and tell you wife its a present to yourself for your long hard work to lose all the weight you have lost .......... She cant argue that reasoning LOL
    Darn, I wish I would have thought of that. I'll have to remember that one for next time this situation comes up.

But, like I said, tax refund time is just around the corner and I will get my M&P then. Can't wait.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Darn, I wish I would have thought of that. I'll have to remember that one for next time this situation comes up.

And they say you cant teach an old dog new tricks HEHHEHEHHHEHEHHEHEHHEHE

Nice gun!! Its cool that your family is really into guns. Im working on the wife but she i think "plays" like she is excited about guns but really isnt. i dunno...

Rock on!

So does that mean your putting the Millenium in the safe for a while while you carry this one? You know that may hurt its feelings.
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Nope. Actually I am sitting here right now with the PT-111 on my right hip. I still carry it quite a bit. But, I really want to get a good holster for the P239 before I carry it too much.
    My wife carried it in a purse specially made for CCW. I have been trying for over a year to get her to carry on her person instead of the purse. I think she is finally to the point where she will do it. I have explained to her that someone could just snatch that purse and then she would not only be defenseless but the bad guy will have her gun. Now that she has claimed my XD (still miss that gun....I am going to have to get another one for me. I loved that gun) she has claimed all the holsters I have for it too so she has several to choose from for on body carry.

I would never neglect my beloved PT-111, it fits my hand so well and I shot a 100 with it in my carry permit class. It's a great gun.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Moderator
    Can you let me know which carries better the PT-111 or the P239, once you get your holster for the 239. I'm looking to get a 9mm CCW gun in a year or so, all I have is a Taurus PT-92 in 9mm. I want a 9 that conceals better than that one.

I know what you mean. My first carry gun was a PT-99, adjustable sight version of the gun you carry. I look at the gun now and I wounder how I ever lugged that thing around. It's huge.

I can tell you this: the PT-111 is very, very easy to carry and to conceal. It is a small gun and it just vanishes under an untucked T-shirt. Really easy to carry.

I suspect that the P239 will not be quite as easy to carry because it is slightly larger and heaver than the PT-111. Also, the P239 holds 8 +1 rounds and the PT-111 Pro models hold 12 +1 so, they have the Sig beat there. Also, the grip on the PT-111 is a much more ergonomic design.

However, the Sig is a Sig. That holds a lot of esteem in my book. It's not going to break. It's going to go bang every time I pull the trigger. And it is easier to strip down to clean.

I'll let you know how it carries after I get a holster. I am planning to buy one tomorrow or Friday.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

PT- I love my S&W M&P40. Sounds like you know your guns and kudos to you for teaching guns to your family. Just bought a new gun today, my gun dealer told me prices are going up 10-20 percent this month. Some shops will lay-away at current price, just something to think about.

Man, I wouldnt even consider trading out my XD for an M&P40, even though I like the M&P as well as the next guy. I am very happy that you kept it in the family, it's truly a great pistol and would be a shame to sell off. I hope you get that sig sold so you can get your M&P soon!

Not selling the Sig. We are keeping it and it will be my 16 year old sons first handgun. I will own it until he is 21, then transfer ownership to him and pay for his carry permit class.

He is pretty excited about it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by PT-111 View Post
    Not selling the Sig. We are keeping it and it will be my 16 year old sons first handgun. I will own it until he is 21, then transfer ownership to him and pay for his carry permit class.

He is pretty excited about it.
    Oh yeah, sorry, that completely slipped by me

So here is to you getting that M&P at your earliest opportunity!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links