I've Gone to the Dark Side... And Took Pictures!

This is a discussion on I've Gone to the Dark Side... And Took Pictures! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well ladies and gents, The glock 29sf I ordered came in today and she is a beaut!! Perfect compact size, grip feels amazing, seems to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: I've Gone to the Dark Side... And Took Pictures!

Well ladies and gents,

The glock 29sf I ordered came in today and she is a beaut!! Perfect compact size, grip feels amazing, seems to be easily concealable... No problems what so ever!! Except for the fact the wife doesnt know I ordered it LOL

I sold my S&W M&P40 to fund this purchase and the wife was aware that I wanted another gun. The question is folks: Is it better to ask for permission or forgiveness?

Went to the LGS and snapped some pictures and fondled her for about 10 mins and will be going back down tomorrow morning to do the DROS paperwork.
    I swore to myself I would never buy a glock but this little 10mm changed me. Hopefully these pictures will show why

G29SF.jpg
    G29SF 2.jpg

very nice

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    It is better to buy her something and then tell her.
    oscar1, Eric357, Bad Bob and 2 others like this.

Congrats.... not a glock fan and I really dislike the feel of the baby glocks but they are a great defensive firearm. The G29 is certainly up to the task of defense with that peppery little 10mm :) If I could hunt with the 10mm in indiana a G20 would be in my safe
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

VIP Member
    It's too late to ask permission. Offer to share it with her.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I thought the dark side was reserved for H$K ownership??

Quote Originally Posted by GSDSchutzhund View Post
    Well ladies and gents,

The glock 29sf I ordered came in today and she is a beaut!! Perfect compact size, grip feels amazing, seems to be easily concealable... No problems what so ever!! Except for the fact the wife doesnt know I ordered it LOL

I sold my S&W M&P40 to fund this purchase and the wife was aware that I wanted another gun. The question is folks: Is it better to ask for permission or forgiveness?

Went to the LGS and snapped some pictures and fondled her for about 10 mins and will be going back down tomorrow morning to do the DROS paperwork.
    I swore to myself I would never buy a glock but this little 10mm changed me. Hopefully these pictures will show why

G29SF.jpg
    G29SF 2.jpg
    I believe you will find Winchester Silvertips a great SD round, and Double Tap 180 weight Nosler loads the best all round everything load.
    They clock 1250 fps out of my G29.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    That could almost take me over to the dark side also. I'm wanting to try a 10mm out bad. You never know, maybe later this year. By the way congrats on your new gun.

Oh it is so much fun .... Esp when you load the hot stuff ... I love the 20sf what fun ... Might have to get the 29sf to go with it... Nice thing is that most 10mm load are basicly 40 cals but you handload or get slivertips/buffole bore or underwood well then ...

I mean heck this thing has killed bears so it should work ...

Very nice man ...I have a feeling that 10 day wait is going to suuuuuck ... Why you get a COE and c&r no more waiting .....

Finding ammo can be tricky though ... I am seeing plinking stuff for like 35 a box or so ... SD a little less ... Still a lot of fun ...

Also note I think you can fire 45 and a few other cailber with that if you swap the slide and or barrel ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Course the issues is this leads to dark places ... You go oh boy this is fun I wonder what 44 mag feels like .... It is a dangerous road
    Eric357 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

It's always better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Just don't do it too often or you won't have anyone to ask permission of.
    Springfield Armory XDS .45
    Kahr CM9
    GeorgiaCarry.org Member

The dark side. Huh.

I must be a Sith lord by now. Seduced and consumed by the dark side of the Force, known as Darth +5 with a FTN.

Congrats. A fine gun.
    glockman10mm likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Congrats, looks nice.

Beware the dark side - they tend multiply.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Forgiveness
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.

Very nice have my name in for a G41 the thing just looks like to much fun at the range

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links