Rossi 44 mag

Rossi 44 mag

This is a discussion on Rossi 44 mag within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Put a set of Taurus compact grips on this high powered 44 mag snubbie..... Much easier to carry...and I've only fired 44 spl. since grip ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buckeye63

Thread: Rossi 44 mag

Rossi 44 mag

Put a set of Taurus compact grips on this high powered 44 mag snubbie.....

Much easier to carry...and I've only fired 44 spl. since grip switch..I find it very manageable...
    nechaev likes this.

How much did she run you, and what kind of accuracy are you getting out of her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye63 View Post

Put a set of Taurus compact grips on this high powered 44 mag snubbie.....

Much easier to carry...and I've only fired 44 spl. since grip switch..I find it very manageable...

I picked the revolver up.. for 360.00 before taxes & transfer fee...the grips 12.00....I have only seriously fired 44 Spl. though her at SD ranges...out to 25-30 ft max...shoots as straight as i can.....all five rounds in a 5 inch circle..easily ..Fired a few 44 mag just for giggles...some noticeable increase in recoil over the 44 spl..

Very nice. I didn't know Rossi added a .44 Magnum to their lineup. Must be the Tauri influence.
    This post got me to doin' a little research.....I don't see a .44 Magnum Rossi at any of the online stores, and I don't see it
    in the Rossi online catalog.

Hah!! I found it online at a couple of dealers. Nice price at Academy. Does it only come in blue?
    Last edited by zonker1986; April 18th, 2014 at 11:07 PM. Reason: found it for sale online
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

This is probably the one that Taurus started importing and chopping the barrels. As far as I know, Academy is the only place to get them. Only thing to watch out for is the front sight - I've heard they can come loose.

Rossi Cuts .44 Mag Revolver Down to Size to Satisfy ATF Regs | The Truth About Guns
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

Links