What did they do to my XDs?

This is a discussion on What did they do to my XDs? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My XDs never had a light primer strike through roughly 1000 rounds pre-recall. I got it back from recall and started having light primer strikes. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: What did they do to my XDs?

My XDs never had a light primer strike through roughly 1000 rounds pre-recall. I got it back from recall and started having light primer strikes. So I sent it back to Springfield and according to their invoice they "repaired" it, although they did not list what they repaired. Took it out to the range after I got it back and still having the light primer strikes. I don't see how the "fixes" made during the recall could make my gun have failure to return to battery issues. I know it's not that I'm limp wristing because I used to shoot it one handed weak hand and never had the problem. Now it happens even when shooting two handed. Any ideas as to what they could have done that damaged my gun?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Senior Member Array Christopher67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45Fight View Post
    My XDs never had a light primer strike through roughly 1000 rounds pre-recall. I got it back from recall and started having light primer strikes. So I sent it back to Springfield and according to their invoice they "repaired" it, although they did not list what they repaired. Took it out to the range after I got it back and still having the light primer strikes. I don't see how the "fixes" made during the recall could make my gun have failure to return to battery issues. I know it's not that I'm limp wristing because I used to shoot it one handed weak hand and never had the problem. Now it happens even when shooting two handed. Any ideas as to what they could have done that damaged my gun?

This explains it.

Also i would call them & explain the issues you're having.
    Kennydale and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
    This explains it.

Also i would call them & explain the issues you're having.
    I already did call them and sent it back again, they supposedly repaired it. The video explains what the recall fixed, not what they did to my gun to cause it to have issues. Thanks for the input though.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

It's probably a translation issue. Croatia is a long way off.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I've noticed a bunch of XDS's on my BST facebook groups the past several months. Don't know if the recall has anything to do with it, because 3 of my friends have them (post recall) and their's are still perfect.
    gatorbait51 and Eric357 like this.
    Joe was right.

Distinguished Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Springfield will blame you and say its all yuor fault......CSR lady said Their gun is special and needs to be shot accordingly,even after 2 warranty trips back to
    the MFG it still didnt work for me

Which is why I got rid of mine..I dont like special guns,I prefer boring ones that go bang everytime--XDs biggest failure I ever owned
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Have you tried cleaning the firing pin channel? If you pull the trigger and shake the gun, does the striker rattle freely?
    gatorbait51 and BigJ.56 like this.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Thats why I didnt send mine in yet. Havent had an issue
    gatorbait51 and Taurahe like this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by than137 View Post
    Have you tried cleaning the firing pin channel? If you pull the trigger and shake the gun, does the striker rattle freely?
    It that particular to XDs? My Glock striker has never rattles as it always under some level of spring tension until fired.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    It's probably a translation issue. Croatia is a long way off.
    Sort of like translating from Austrian I'll bet there's some gunk around the firing pin. #2 daughter has pumped about 200 rounds through hers since the recall, no issues.

#2 is getting a 1911 as well but she does not know it yet
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait51 View Post
    Sort of like translating from Austrian I'll bet there's some gunk around the firing pin. #2 daughter has pumped about 200 rounds through hers since the recall, no issues.

#2 is getting a 1911 as well but she does not know it yet
    Nope unfortunately not, already cleaned the gunk out.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It that particular to XDs? My Glock striker has never rattles as it always under some level of spring tension until fired.
    If you pull the trigger on the glock, the striker should rattle there as well. The trigger should be in the rear position.

VIP Member
    Nope unfortunately not, already cleaned the gunk out.
    I'm surprised SA customer service didn't jump all over this. They did when I called about a post recall issue and took care of it over the phone.
    No issues since and they were very good about sending a mailing label to me if I needed it .

I just can't figure out the issue. Wonder if the Firing pin is screwed up in some way.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

My brothers was perfect before he sent it in for the recall. After getting it back he couldn't even run a full mag through it without one of several issues. Sent it back again and Springfield sent it back saying no problem found. Lo and behold it runs fine now though. He said when he took it apart to clean it before shooting it after it came back the second time it looked like it had a bunch of polishing compound in it. Needless to say he has lost pretty much all confidence in Springfield and is considering selling both his XD's.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    My brothers was perfect before he sent it in for the recall. After getting it back he couldn't even run a full mag through it without one of several issues. Sent it back again and Springfield sent it back saying no problem found. Lo and behold it runs fine now though. He said when he took it apart to clean it before shooting it after it came back the second time it looked like it had a bunch of polishing compound in it. Needless to say he has lost pretty much all confidence in Springfield and is considering selling both his XD's.
    so his XDs runs fine now, but he is going to sell it because he has no confidence in Springfield? This makes absolutely no sense. Why you send a gun back to the manufacturer for repairs, and when it comes back working properly, why in the world would you dump it at a loss? If I send a gun back and it comes back dipped in birthday cake icing, I could care less as long as it works.

my XDs 9mm came back from recall working like a champ and has never failed. I just like the crap out that little cannon.....and I was one of the biggest loud mouths
    dissing Springfield during the recall. Had nothing good to say about the company and swore I would sell all my Springfields in my safe. And then I realized I had never had a malfunction of any kind with ANY of the large number of Springfields I own. XD's, 1911's and now my XDs. I changed my mind and will probably buy the 4.0 just for grins and giggles.
    gatorbait51 and Taurahe like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links