Crossed Over To The Dark Side (New G19 Range Report)

This is a discussion on Crossed Over To The Dark Side (New G19 Range Report) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've never been much of a Glock fan but have had a G21 (2nd gen) for a number of years and it has been a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pontificator

Thread: Crossed Over To The Dark Side (New G19 Range Report)

I've never been much of a Glock fan but have had a G21 (2nd gen) for a number of years and it has been a reliable gun. Over the past few weeks I've been handling some of the G19s that have come into the LGS where I work and finally decided to take the plunge. With my discount, a 3rd gen came to $399 plus tax so I bought one last week. After a few modifications ( Ghost 3.5, undercut trigger guard) I took it to the range yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. Trigger is much better than stock; smooth pull and no "wall" to deal with and the undercut trigger guard actually lets my hand fit the front strap grooves.
    Fired 50 rounds each of Fed 115gr, Rem 115gr, and my 9mm carry load - the Fed HST 124gr +P, all of which fed and fired with no problems. - I'll probably never be a Glock Fanboy but I now have a greater appreciation for Glock pistols.
    5lima30ret likes this.

Gen 1 and 2 are great if you dont like the groves

Course waht happen with me with my 19 was " oh boy this is fun ..I wonder how it would feel in 40 ...oh wow 40s not so bad...hum how would 10mm be ... thus the hazard of glocks .. " you either dont like them or suddly they start adding up first for no darn reason
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Course waht happen with me with my 19 was " oh boy this is fun ..I wonder how it would feel in 40 ...oh wow 40s not so bad...hum how would 10mm be ... thus the hazard of glocks .. " you either dont like them or suddly they start adding up first for no darn reason
    That is the Dark Force at work. It takes over your mind and makes you buy more and more.

But you must fight that evil, don't let the dark side win.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    The 19 is a great pistol. Mine shoots wonderfully!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Great choice! You may not be a fanboy....yet! Give it time, very rarely can you just own one Glock, its like eating just one Oreo cookie! Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Links