Musings from a gun store clerk about Glock

This is a discussion on Musings from a gun store clerk about Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went in to buy some ammo and well, uh, er, I couldn't help but look around. I was talking to a rather knowledgeable guy ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Musings from a gun store clerk about Glock

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

I went in to buy some ammo and well, uh, er, I couldn't help but look around. I was talking to a rather knowledgeable guy who I have a good rapport with from past dealings and I was asking about the Glock single stack 9mm. (Nope, horse not dead just yet.) This is what he said:

• His Glock rep lied to him when the rep assured him the Glock 42 would be a single stack 9mm
    • There is no Glock 40 yet. Suspicious
    • Glock is stupid for not bringing one to market sooner.
    • He thinks there will be a lot of trade ins of the Glock 42 when the single stack 9mm comes out.

Stay tuned for more kicking of the horse.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

But I don't see the point of a single stack?.
    The main reason I carry a Glock is for the 15 rounds in the G19, or the 13 rounds in the G21, it would have to be a mighty long grip to get that many rounds in a single stack.

Sara Lou
    If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you lost...

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn...

It never gets easier, you just get stronger...

Distinguished Member
    Maybe Glock knows that since Glocks don't miss, that 7+1 is enough to eliminate the danger.

I guess I don't understand the point. If you are buying a gun for it's size to pocket carry or otherwise, aren't you buying it knowing you are giving up round capacity for size?
    DingBat and gatorbait51 like this.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your PX4 & your CZ and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.”

NRA Member
    Full Time Firearm Student

I can see them making one. They already have them in .45ACP and .380 formats.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Personally, I'm waiting for a Glock triple stack.

I like my magazines like I like my pancakes; the more stacks the better.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Well, the rep didn't LIE. It's the clerk's fault for not asking if he meant Luger or Kurz.

I suspect there will never be a model 40 or a model 45. That way lies madness.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

— Captain Bellamy

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I went in to buy some ammo and well, uh, er, I couldn't help but look around. I was talking to a rather knowledgeable guy who I have a good rapport with from past dealings and I was asking about the Glock single stack 9mm. (Nope, horse not dead just yet.) This is what he said:

• His Glock rep lied to him when the rep assured him the Glock 42 would be a single stack 9mm
    • There is no Glock 40 yet. Suspicious
    • Glock is stupid for not bringing one to market sooner.
    • He thinks there will be a lot of trade ins of the Glock 42 when the single stack 9mm comes out.

Stay tuned for more kicking of the horse.
    You Glock guys need to quit whining and crying. Your 42's are 9mm pistols. It's just that it's chambered in 9mm Kurz not 9 parabellum!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Eh, just buy a Bersa BP9CC. :-)
    halem1, DJC7, Taurahe and 3 others like this.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I spoke with a Glock L/E rep a few weeks back and asked about the possibility of a single stack 9 from Glock. His opinion was that a single stack 9mm was in the future but then said the Glock reps are not privy to information such as that. So who knows who is telling the truth. I tend to think most reps probably spout their opinions about what Glock is going to do.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

That's the good news about not being addicted to glocks....you already have plenty of great options.
    Joe was right.

Whats a glock??
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    There is no Glock model 40, but there will be a Lipseys' limited edition Glock model Fotay soon. It will be in .22 LR, the slide will be a zinc casting, and it will be gold-washed with sights mounted on the side of the slide.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    The PPS is a slim single stack 9mm. Don't whine because my bullet is longer than yours!

Oh, I have the .40. My bullet is thicker than yours too. Im very accurate because i take my time to aim. Precision over speed gentlemen.

If Glock doesn't make a single stack 9mm, they might as well fire all their decision makers.
    oscar1 and gatorbait51 like this.

I personally think Glock is smart by sticking to their guns, as they are. The robust design of the 26/19/17 is designed to be able to withstand the pressure range of the 9mm into the 100's of thousands of rounds.

While the little so called pocket guns chambered for the 9mm and God forbid, the 40, are handy to carry and conceal, I doubt if any continued high volume use will bode well for the little single stackers, with reduced slide weight, and density of the frames.
    And this is especially true of the 40s&w pressures.

I personally want a gun that will last and endure. Glock has had the formula right from the start. I don't see any reason for them to turn in to status quo like the other monkey see- monkey do makers do.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links