Glock 36 fans?

Glock 36 fans?

This is a discussion on Glock 36 fans? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How many of you have a Glock 36? Do you like it or not? I have one, like it, and shoot it pretty well for ...

View Poll Results: Glock 36?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have one and like it

14 53.85%
  • I have one and don't like it

0 0%
  • I don't have one, but like it

9 34.62%
  • I don't have one and don't like it

0 0%
  • I don't like any of them dang Glocks!

3 11.54%
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By druryj
  • 1 Post By zonker1986
  • 1 Post By clarkston_cz

Thread: Glock 36 fans?

Glock 36 fans?

How many of you have a Glock 36? Do you like it or not? I have one, like it, and shoot it pretty well for an old guy. What's the consensus on this odd-duck of the Glock family?
    5lima30ret likes this.

Have one, like it a lot. Added Trijicons and its good to go. Also, gets along well with my other Glocks.

5lima30ret likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I really like my worn Glock 36....I actually purchased another brand of compact single stack 45acp thinking it would replace my G36 ....,I'm not mentioning brands...but it was the "newest greatest "...and My G36 would shoot circles around it.....I sold the "newest and greatest" and kept the old best...

Easy to carry ..great to shoot....whats not to love ???

Distinguished Member
    Have one. Like it a lot.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    I have a Glock 36 and like it okay.
    I have never understood the "logic" behind cutting the grip short just to compensate with an oversize magazine base, no flush option.
    Why Glock did not make the frame long enough to accommodate the magazine, like the 19/23, is beyond me.
    I have to put a plumbing ring on the magazine to help fill the pinky pinching gap between the frame and magazine base on the 36.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Mine is my current EDC, with TruGlo TFO's in a Brommeland Def-Con. Decided to go 45 ACP after having 9 mm's for several years. No regrets.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

My G36 is my EDC I prefer it to my HK P2000 9mm with flat mag bases.. its slightly easier to carry than the HK.
    I've owned 4 G36s I just keep going back to them.
    In comparison to my Kimber RCP Ultra or other LW 1911s The 36 does everything they do in a simple reliable and durable platform.
    I shoot it as fast as my 1911s and it's as accurate as most and it is very controllable in comparison and the cost is much less.
    I like that it shares Glock 19 leather holsters. I'm not worried if it gets scratched I expect it to... I had a Kahr P45 that was nice but the glock 36 was for me a better shooter.
    It also won against my Sig 245 which surprised me as well. A friend got the new thin single stack XD... thinking it was going to replace his G36..... NOT.... he quickly sold off the XD...
    Of the 4 I had only one had issues that were mag related and an easy fix. I've never had any issues with the other 3 glocks with thousands of rounds...
    I use the Plus 0 mag bases and it fits my hand very well. I don't suffer from any mag pinching as some have mentioned in the past but I have fairly large hands....
    The G36 may be the odd duck in the Glock line up... but it's one I truly trust my life with daily...
    Rent one then you will know...

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    As a former Glock 30 owner, I like how slim and light the G36 is, but have yet to buy one or even shoot one.

I'm concerned that it might behave like the Glock 20 and the the .40s I've shot and give me a case of finger buzz
    or even sting my trigger finger??

I should have "bit the bullet" and bought a G36 instead of my new Glock 26, but still have that concern.

The larger G21s don't excite me much and the G30SF and G30S are not much smaller for my hand than my old
    G30 was.

No experience with the Generation 4 Glock 30 either.

That said.

I'll have to grit my teeth and buy a Glock 42 .380 for my wife, before a Glock .45 ACP.

The G42 fits her very well, and she can retract the slide or dump the mag without much effort.

Loads like the Buffalo Bore +P give me slightly more confidence in that caliber, at least what
    I've read so far.

A Glock .45 would be for Home Defense, and some range time.

Just wish I could rent a Glock 36 and try one out.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I considered buying one until I fondled the 30S!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    As a former Glock 30 owner, I like how slim and light the G36 is, but have yet to buy one or even shoot one.

I'm concerned that it might behave like the Glock 20 and the the .40s I've shot and give me a case of finger buzz
    or even sting my trigger finger??

I should have "bit the bullet" and bought a G36 instead of my new Glock 26, but still have that concern.

The larger G21s don't excite me much and the G30SF and G30S are not much smaller for my hand than my old
    G30 was.

No experience with the Generation 4 Glock 30 either.

That said.

I'll have to grit my teeth and buy a Glock 42 .380 for my wife, before a Glock .45 ACP.

The G42 fits her very well, and she can retract the slide or dump the mag without much effort.

Loads like the Buffalo Bore +P give me slightly more confidence in that caliber, at least what
    I've read so far.

A Glock .45 would be for Home Defense, and some range time.

Just wish I could rent a Glock 36 and try one out.
    FWIW I have owned a Gen 2.5 G-36 for the past 10+ years. I love it and it has never failed me! To me the G-36 is softer shooting than the G-27 which definitely has a "bite" to it! Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Sponsored Links