Friendly 2A bill comes out of Georgia

This is a discussion on Friendly 2A bill comes out of Georgia within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Georgia Governor Signs 'Unprecedented' Gun Rights Bill House Bill 60, also known as The Safe Carry Protection Act, will allow licensed gun owners to carry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Friendly 2A bill comes out of Georgia

Georgia Governor Signs 'Unprecedented' Gun Rights Bill

House Bill 60, also known as The Safe Carry Protection Act, will allow licensed gun owners to carry their firearms into public places, including bars, nightclubs, schools, churches and government buildings.
    This is another reason why i want to move down there. The comments seem a little silly.

Mike
    gottabkiddin and flintlock62 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I hope more states follow.
    flintlock62 and 84160 like this.

Senior Member Array Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    House Bill 60, also known as The Safe Carry Protection Act, will allow licensed gun owners to carry their firearms into public places, including bars, nightclubs, schools, churches and government buildings.
    Bars are now treated like any other private property and the owners may decide if they will prohibit firearms (or sports jerseys, or ties for that matter), just as Yoyodyne Industries or the local Stop'n'Rob can prohibit firearms on their property. Signage has no legal weight, but you may be asked to leave and trespassed if you do not.

The state is partially separating itself from the church, something it should have done long ago. At this time, churches are permitted to "opt in" and allow their members to carry firearms for protection. Previously (as a result of Jim Crow laws meant to disarm recently freed African slaves) weapons were not permitted in places of worship.

It's now legal to carry a firearm into the DMV, the Department of Parks and Recreation, and the library. The Capitol, courthouses, and other places where emotions run high are still illegal and protected by security checkpoints.

I attended the signing of SB60 and would estimate the crowd at 250+ with at least a third being openly armed. The speaker remarked that he was probably in the safest place in Georgia.

I'm guessing getting reciprocity with VA didn't happen. Probably wasn't even on the docket, though.
    ... evil will always triumph because good is dumb! - Dark Helmet

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    I am glad that the legislature pushed this through at the final bell. This piece of legislature has been back and forth for a couple of years. The "Campus Carry" caused most of the delay and eventually was stricken from the bill. I feel sure that the power of the State Board of Regents had a lot to do with Campus Carry not passing.

Georgia is a football state. It would be a great financial loss should an All American running back get shot while "Feeling his Wheaties" towards an unwilling co-ed.

I guess the co-ed's rights are not a factor...
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

VIP Member
    Good news, I to hope other states will follow suit.
    oldskeetshooter likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

I have never felt so safe as that Summer I spent riding my motorcycle through Wyoming. We would go into these little restaurants for a meal and everywhere there were other patrons sporting open carry firearms. My first thought was, "Dang, all I have is a Texas CHL and can't open carry here like everyone else here". My second thought was, "I have never felt so safe, because a Bad Guy would have to be suicidal to try and rob this restaurant with all these people with guns on their hips". My third thought was, I wonder how many of the women have guns concealed in their purses".

Once they clean out the Bad Guy Gene Pool, or as we in Texas call them , "He needed Killing", Georgia will be a nice place to go.
    Sad that it will take a while to clean up Atlanta!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesMP9c View Post

This is another reason why i want to move down there. The comments seem a little silly.

Mike
    I find it funny that it is called "unprecedented" when all it does is give the same stuff that many states already have. The only thing really unique about it is that it allows carry in schools.
    Firearm Training at its best. www.ocats.com

Distinguished Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    LOL! I went and read some of the comments, and they're very silly. One said Georgia is going to be a very dangerous place. I guess Chicago is safe. These people vote!

Quote Originally Posted by mikesMP9c View Post

Mike
    mikesMP9c likes this.

Distinguished Member Array LuvMyPX4's Avatar
    Now if they will just pass reciprocity with their neighboring states
    Zechariah 10:5 They shall be like mighty men in battle, trampling the foe in the mud of the streets; they shall fight because the LORD is with them, and they shall put to shame those that seek evil.

NRA Lifetime Member
    Full Time Firearm Student

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    I have never felt so safe as that Summer I spent riding my motorcycle through Wyoming. We would go into these little restaurants for a meal and everywhere there were other patrons sporting open carry firearms. My first thought was, "Dang, all I have is a Texas CHL and can't open carry here like everyone else here". My second thought was, "I have never felt so safe, because a Bad Guy would have to be suicidal to try and rob this restaurant with all these people with guns on their hips". My third thought was, I wonder how many of the women have guns concealed in their purses".

Once they clean out the Bad Guy Gene Pool, or as we in Texas call them , "He needed Killing", Georgia will be a nice place to go.
    Sad that it will take a while to clean up Atlanta!
    We don't concern ourselves with Atlanta. It will self destruct...
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyPX4 View Post
    Now if they will just pass reciprocity with their neighboring states
    I don't think Georgia is the hold up. SC will not reciprocate with GA because GA does not have a training requirement.

GA has reciprocity with all it's neighbors except SC.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Neither does VA and that seems to be the normal reason VA's doesn't get reciprocated. I did see that GA will reciprocate any state that accepts their license so I wonder why VA doesn't like GA.

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I don't think Georgia is the hold up. SC will not reciprocate with GA because GA does not have a training requirement.

GA has reciprocity with all it's neighbors except SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    Wow man when I'm walking into a café or restaurant all I'm thinking is I'm having 4 pancakes and 6 OE and some OJ. Wow look at her ain't she a cutiepie. No...I'll have a Number 8. Where the Hell am I gonna sit? Sure smells good in here. Sure are a lot of Cowboys here. Hmm methinks I'll get a western omelet. Made with 6 eggs...

That's what I'm thinkin'!!
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Anyone know if GA has a 24 hour database available so a LEO can check your permit any time of the day?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links