Galloway Nano trigger spring kit?

This is a discussion on Galloway Nano trigger spring kit? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Much as I like my li'l buddy, the trigger is pretty heavy. Does anybody have any comments to make about the Galloway trigger spring kit?...

Thread: Galloway Nano trigger spring kit?

Galloway Nano trigger spring kit?

Much as I like my li'l buddy, the trigger is pretty heavy. Does anybody have any comments to make about the Galloway trigger spring kit?

2. Remove Ads

Hey JoeP,

I recently purchased the kit for my Nano and installed yesterday. It claims to bring the trigger pull down by 1 to 1.5 lbs. With a manual trigger pull gauge (aluminum) prior to installing the full set of 3 springs, on a set of 3 pull tests I got: 7, 7.5, & 8 lb readings. So average that to 7.5 lbs. Then after the installation, another set of 3 pulls tests yielded: 6.25, 6.5, & 6.25 lb, so I'll average on the lower pair and say 6.25 lb after the kit was installed. So for me, I saw a 1.25 lb reduction, very within range of what is promised.

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Hey JoeP,

I recently purchased the kit for my Nano and installed yesterday. It claims to bring the trigger pull down by 1 to 1.5 lbs. With a manual trigger pull gauge (aluminum) prior to installing the full set of 3 springs, on a set of 3 pull tests I got: 7, 7.5, & 8 lb readings. So average that to 7.5 lbs. Then after the installation, another set of 3 pulls tests yielded: 6.25, 6.5, & 6.25 lb, so I'll average on the lower pair and say 6.25 lb after the kit was installed. So for me, I saw a 1.25 lb reduction, very within range of what is promised.
    Thanks -- does that turn out to be a difference you can feel when shooting it?

sent using CPIP (see RFC 1149)

Yes, but not by a lot. The long trigger pull is clearly still the most noticeable factor.

Links