Caracal CP662

This is a discussion on Caracal CP662 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The new line of Caracal pistols is supposed to be coming out this summer. Yes, I know the Caracal C was recalled with no fix ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Caracal CP662

Caracal CP662

The new line of Caracal pistols is supposed to be coming out this summer. Yes, I know the Caracal C was recalled with no fix available. Reason being is that it could not handle hotter loads because its slide was made up of two pieces. The new slide will be made out of one solid piece. Before the recall, the Caracals were getting great reviews from the likes of the Military Arms Channel, MrGunsnGear, and Rob Pincus. The model I am particularly interested in is the Caracal CP662 it is .99”wide, has a height of 4.75”, a 3.4” barrel, and a 13 round magazine. I hope it’s not a POS like the Remington R51, because I’m excited about this gun! Below are some links of reviews of the original Caracals.

2. Remove Ads

Could only post one video per post.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    there are loads of great 9MM guns being sold today...Caracal would be way down at the bottom of my list
    C hawk Glock likes this.

I have never heard of this gun until this thread.

I held a Caracas and it was actually quite nice. The c model aside their guns seem to have a good reputation. I wouldn't mind trying one out if the price is right

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

If I received one as a gift tomorrow. it would be the first to get re gifted the very next day . No love here !
    StormRhydr likes this.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Distinguished Member
    I agree with sonnycrocket, there are loads of very good 9mm guns available at very affordable prices. I'd be hard pressed to buy one of these with so many other choices. Especially since I've never had any experience with this company at all.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

What kind of price are we looking at on the CP662?

Have to agree with previous opinions. With the EXCELLENT variety of 9mm autoloaders available to the modern gun toter, this one's gonna' have to earn it's stripes before I plunk-down the coin.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Gun people have long memories. I'm surprised they like Colt Pythons, considering all the Walkers that blew up around 1850.
    BuffaloRider and VBVAGUY like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

There once was a car imported to the US called the Yugo. Most auto reviewers said they'd rather buy a decent used car by anyone else over a new Yugo...I think that that applies here. Ford rebounded from the Edsel. GM rebounded from the Corvair. And gun makers can too...I just don't think this will happen to Caracal.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Seems too early to call Caracal a flop.

I've only seen one for sale once and it was $450.00. Don't know about the new one.
    You have until 6:00 to leave town.

Break your gun on a stump!

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I would advise against being an early adopter. Bide your time and let any deficiencies come out before taking the leap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links