Glock 42

This is a discussion on Glock 42 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My LGS has a Glock 42 for $409 here in NY. Two questions here: seems like a good price, but is it? And how does ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Easy8
  • 1 Post By OO7
  • 1 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 1 Post By Lees

Thread: Glock 42

Glock 42

My LGS has a Glock 42 for $409 here in NY. Two questions here: seems like a good price, but is it? And how does it stack up against it's other .380 competition? Opinions please.

2. Remove Ads

Great price, very good weapon. Feeds everything, very accurate soft shooting easy to take down an clean just like any other glock. I got the blade tech iwb with a clip 39.00 works great
    StormRhydr likes this.

That is a good price. Lower is always better. I have handled the 42 and one day I will purchase one to replace my LCP. God Bless

I think I will go rent one and my local range and test it out.

OO7
    Good quality as are all glocks but if I was to get a .380 it would be smaller the the G42 like the M&P bodyguard which is also cheaper.
    oscar1 likes this.
    "I'd rather die a lion than live like a sheep."
    "The first step to winning a gun fight is having a gun on you."

Nice little gun, and that's not a bad price at all. It's just a bit larger than several other decent offerings on the market.

I have no experience with this gun, so take this with a grain of salt, but the main question is how do you want to carry it and how deep does it need to be concealed? You could get a ruger LCP which is dramatically smaller and easier to pocket carry for less money. Obviously the G42 will be a softer shooter since it is much bigger. The LCP holds the same amount of rounds as the G42.

If you need ultra-deep concealment and want a tiny package, you should look at the BG380, LCP and other comparable ones. The LCP gets very good reviews- in particular the most recent model that came out not too long ago. It has updated sights and the trigger is supposedly much better than the old one.

If you want a solid shooting but large .380 go with the G42. It would probably be tight in pockets and more of an IWB gun, but as I said I have no hands-on experience with it.

VIP Member
    Several people on this forum have advised sticking to "the same platform" when switching from one carry gun to another.

We are Glock people. Therefore, if and when I get a mouse gun it will most definitely be the G42. It matters not to me that it might not fit in my pocket. It DOES matter that I will learn to use it correctly, safely and quickly. If I had to learn to use another brand that handled even slightly differently it could very well affect my ability to use that gun effectively in an emergency situation.

Just my thoughts on the matter........for what they might be worth.
    bm303 likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I've seen um selling from $395. up into $575. The LGStore had one left at $395. had the person that got there just before I did hadn't bought it I would have. Like the saga goes; I was seconds from a clean get away.

The other three I've held were way too over priced or I would of bought one of um. When I do find one for $410. or less I'll get it. Which the LGStore will get more in sometime soon.

Can't wait for the 9mm version.

Besides it's a Glock what's not to like.

I had a pf9 and hated it. Too small, that 9 was for the wife who likes her G36 but wants something smaller.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    great gun, T shirt carry, carry one sometimes in SHTF IWB and it disappears

I got a G42 yesterday.

There is no single stack 9mm that I like for the uses that I want. I could complain about each one of them.

There is no .380 that I like. I could also complain about each one of them.

I don't have anything else to complain about for the G42 other than size. It would have been nice if the G42 had been as small as an LCP, but the G42 is still small enough for me to conceal where I want to put it (Marilyn holster). If the rumors are true about it being a soft-shooter then I'm set.

I've read many complaints that the G42 is not a 9mm, and that therefore Glock completely missed the mark on this. I don't think so. I think Glock made the G42 to go after the fastest growing group of gun owners (women). Personally, I would have gone for this in a 9mm IF it was still a soft shooter, but for now the .380 will be good until (if/when) a 9mm version comes out.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Links