Kimber CS

This is a discussion on Kimber CS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I just got my ultra carry 11 back from Kimber. Have to say I am impressed with their CS. I called them 10 days ...

Thread: Kimber CS

Kimber CS

Well I just got my ultra carry 11 back from Kimber. Have to say I am impressed with their CS. I called them 10 days ago an talked to a rep told him had a couple of chips in the finish an he asked for pics which I sent. He emailed me a ups label I sent it the next day an already have it back. They refinished the whole weapon an reamed an polished the barrel. I had told them I was not happy with the ramp finish. Than they fired two mags of American Eagle 230gr FMJ two mags of Hydro Shock 230gr an two mags of Speer Gold Dot 185 gr with no problems I am going out to the range tomorrow but it feeds right now really well. I would not hesitate to buy another product from them.

2. Remove Ads

I had the same experience with Kimber. I had one that scared bad from the holster. They paid for shipping and refinished it at no cost to me. Great company.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Unfortunately, the Kim Pro finish on the frames isn't all that durable. I have seen it on my own Kimbers. They will take care of it for you, but they should use a better finish. Send it to a pro and have the frame coated with cerakote or something better than "Kim Pro" (which is essentially crap)
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    That is a quick turn around. Good to see them stand behind their product.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Good to know that their CS is good, but for what those guns cost, there shouldn't be any defects. JMHO! of course.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Links