Colt Pocketlite Mustang

Colt Pocketlite Mustang

This is a discussion on Colt Pocketlite Mustang within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone else experience FTF with this weapon and flat nosed bullets? I very recently bought one (HEY! It's a Colt) for BUG and am ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Easy8
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Colt Pocketlite Mustang

Colt Pocketlite Mustang

Does anyone else experience FTF with this weapon and flat nosed bullets?

I very recently bought one (HEY! It's a Colt) for BUG and am experiencing FTF when I use JHP or FMJ flat nosed bullets. Is this something common in the community?

Never had a problem with mine shot it for years with all kinds of ammo. You might need to polish the ramp a little. Make sure the slide is lubed a little. Is this a new weapon?
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Lube and polish it ... But I have had a few 380s that did not like Flat nose rounds so it might be the gun.. So lube/polish and fire some normal FMJ and go from there
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I've had a Colt Mustang Pocketlite for about two years. Bought it new. During the first hundred rounds or so, I did experience a few FTF's with Winchester (flat nosed) rounds. I have not had any issues with this for quite a while now, no matter what rounds I use. Easy8 may be on the right track with a need to polish the ramp a bit. Mine may have "self corrected" through use. I would estimate I have put about 1200-1500 rounds through mine. Just shot it yesterday with no issues. Shot PMC fmj, and Speer Gold Dot jhp. Is yours the aluminum/steel model or the newer polymer model?

That's my wife favorite range pistol and she has never had it fail on her. I know because I'd be the one clearing it.
    We shoot every kind of ammo through it too. Clean it and if it still is giving you problem floow the ZGuys advice and polish up the insides.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    When you have a gun that won't feed flat-nosed bullets you end up with a jam. When you have a jam, you find your self over run by zombies. Don't be the guy who gets over run by zombies...
    BritishAgent likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Yes, this is a brand new gun. I think the cartridges are catching on the front lip of the magazine before the feed ramp. I have not polished it, so I may try that.

My grandfather bequeathed a Colt 1911 to me that was eventually stolen. I have always liked the 1911, but must admit I feel uncomfortable carrying it 'cocked & locked'...perhaps I will trade it in toward a G42...

I agree with the post by OldVet.

Sponsored Links