Sig P250

Sig P250

This is a discussion on Sig P250 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive been interested in the Sig pistols for a while, especially the P250 with its modularity, price, and true DAO trigger. Lately, Ive been close ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Sig P250

Sig P250

Ive been interested in the Sig pistols for a while, especially the P250 with its modularity, price, and true DAO trigger. Lately, Ive been close to buying a S&W 642 as my first revolver, but after getting to fondle a Sig P250 Compact today at the range, I think this will be my next gun.

Tough call, but someone is willing to buy my Glock 30 Gen3, and this will free up the funds to purchase the Sig.

I know that I want it im 9mm (.45acp doesnt seem to hold all that many rounds in this gun, never been a big fan of .40S&W, and .357SIG interests me, but due to price for range ammo, it scares me away), and I know the Compact model was a great feeling gun in my hand, but Id really like to try the 2SUM, with the Full Size and Sub Compact.

Hopefully Ill be selling my Glock tomorrow night locally... Its a shame to see it go, but I still have my Glock 17 (always need at least one Glock on hand... Right?).

The trigger felt great. After feeling the long, smooth DAO trigger on the Sig, it felt great compared to the Glock triggers. I can shoot the Glocks great at SD and closer distances, but any sort of longer range shooting, such as over 15 yards, I think the trigger is just too much for me to overcome. Id really like to try one of these Sigs and see how I shoot them.

Really excited to get this going. Who else has a P250? Which combinations do you have? Do you carry it?

250C in 9mm is my EDC.

If yours doesn't already have it, call Sig and request a metal guide rod. I broke my plastic one that shipped with the gun while on a roadtrip in MI with no BUG. No bueno. Sig sent me a metal one at no cost. Other than that, not a single hiccup ever. No FTFs, no FTEs, nothing. I've shot WWB, PMC, Critical Defense, and now XTP with no issues.

Edit: if you intend to carry IWB in any kind of crossbreed style holster, I suggest you go ahead and get a combat cut that will clear the mag release. I have a supertuck and had to cut it because I'd unholster and find myself with a depressed mag release and a mag sitting partially ejected.
    AmmoFan01 and firerat like this.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Don't forget about the new P320, a striker fired pistol with the P250's modularity, (actually uses the P250's frame and mags).

This gun has me more excited than anything that has come out in quite a few years.
    dondavis3 likes this.

Ill definitely look into the P320. Have you felt the trigger on it?

Been carrying the P250SC (9mm) quite a bit lately, and really enjoying it. For appendix carry I like the subcompact, but for strong side carry I would go with a P250C with a subcompact grip frame. Run the 12+1 mag in the gun, and have a 15 round compact mag for your spare.

If you get the P250 now, you can use the same mags if you get a P320 later.
    firerat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZacMan1987 View Post
    Edit: if you intend to carry IWB in any kind of crossbreed style holster, I suggest you go ahead and get a combat cut that will clear the mag release. I have a supertuck and had to cut it because I'd unholster and find myself with a depressed mag release and a mag sitting partially ejected.
    That's great advice, thanks. I've made a couple of IWB holsters for the P250, and found the same thing. You have to be very careful around that mag release.

AppendixHolsters.JPG

Ive spent most of my time in the past year or slightly more carrying a White Hat Max Tuck. Im not sure what Im going to do for a holster for the P250. I really need to find a shop that has the three different sizes for me to handle. The C is great, just want to feel the FS and SC as well before I make my decision.

I used to own a P250 and never had any issues with it. They had some issues with the earlier models, but the newer ones seem to be ok.

A friend has a P250. Shot it a few times now and really like it. Wouldn't mind having one, but I never really have bothered to seek one out. He likes to run a Compact slide on a subcompact frame. Doesnt look bad that way either.
    Tactical Junior Senior Instructor Of Advanced Tactics
    The Gecko45 Tactical Academy of Tactical Tactics
    Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

I have a P250c 9mm for carry, great pistol, easy to conceal.

Thousands of rounds through my EDC 9mm P250SC, a few less through my .45 C. Love it. Theis IWB has been my 90% go-to holster.

How is the recoil on the compact .45?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    How is the recoil on the compact .45?
    Not bad at all. But I've never thought the .45 really kicked badly in any substantive pistol.

Very interesting comparison of the Glock trigger and the 250's trigger. Most of the critics say just the opposite.

I, like you are one of those who love the trigger. My answer to the doubters is: to those who understand no explanation is necessary and to those who don't, no explanation will suffice.

Compact and sub 250 in holsters I made for them: (pardon the Crossbreed clips)

Tried out a 250 a few years ago.... just not a fan of DOA triggers. Wasnt the right gun for me but they seem to have a solid following and I like the idea of the interchangeable frames and slides.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links