Any one else carry a 32acp ?

This is a discussion on Any one else carry a 32acp ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had said 380 was as low as I can go but I really do like this 32 Walter I have .. So in a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Any one else carry a 32acp ?

Any one else carry a 32acp ?

I had said 380 was as low as I can go but I really do like this 32 Walter I have .. So in a effort to justify myself anyone else carry a 32 and what load you carry in it ? I normal have euro FMJ in mine might even break out the steel core stuff for it .. The model I have was never made past 32 acp so no 380 version
    ugh762x39 and CeltKnight like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

2. Remove Ads

Never carried one nor would I if anything else was available. My LCP drops right in my pocket and is there when I need it. I see no reason to carry anything smaller
    RickyD likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Used to have a PP, but realized the 1911 rides just as well for what I do.

My wife carries a P32. It's the only thing she can conceal well and can stand to shoot.

I carry a Seecamp 32 when I absolutely don't want to be spotted carrying a firearm.
    matdicdad and nerdyvirgin like this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I've got a Kel-Tec P32 that comes along when I can't get away with anything more serious. The gun normally has Win Silvertips in it with Fiocchi FMJ in the spare mag. (I have yet to be convinced of the FMJ's overwhelming superiority in the .32 ACP.)
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I've carried a Seecamp for a long time. I have a Sig P230 in .32 that I'd carry if I didn't have the Seecamp.

The Seecamp takes HP ammo only. I shoot mostly Fiocchi or S&B through the Sig.
    Last edited by ripley16; April 28th, 2014 at 07:30 AM.

Administrator
    Either Buffalo Bore or the Fiocchi FMJ would probably be your best bet for ammo.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

My common EDCs in .32 include a NAA Guardian, a S&W produced PPK, and a CZ-50. The are all excellent guns, with Guardian being the most underrated of the lot. I like the Fiocchi ball and the Fiocchi/Hornady XTP loads.
    WrongRecroom and CAS_Shooter like this.

No but I think a colt 1903 hammer less would be a cool carry gun.
    CeltKnight likes this.

Used to but not since there are not similar guns in .380 and 9mm. Now I mostly carry a Sig P938 9m because it fits and is only a few ounces heavier. Basically, if it fits in my pocket and does not drag down my pants, I am going to carry the largest caliber that I can shoot rapidly with accuracy. My favorite gun was a Seecamp .32 acp until I found myself facing down a would be robber in a store and wishing that I had a bigger gun with a larger caliber. When his accomplice walked in, I also wished that I had a gun with more rounds. There is no reason why any abled body person cannot learn to shoot a 9mm well. I live in a retirement community and most shoot a 9mm and some like a .45. I have medical problems with my hands and I can shoot a 9mm well, even the pocket sized ones. As far as size goes, you can get a .45 that is as smalls as a 9mm or some .380's.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I carry a 32 acp. Altho I have a Walther PP, And PPK, I carry an Italian copy. It has never had a failure to feed. I load it with Fiocci or S&B ammo. both are loaded to euro specs. I have not tried Buffalo Bore, But I have tried other SAAMI spec ammo and was not impressed. The Remington seemed pretty anemic, Winchester silver tips a little better but not by much. from the 3.5" barrel of my gun the 32 closes the gap pretty well between it and a smaller gun in .380. My sons have the little Keltec, and Taurus TCP in 380, in wet news paper my 32 is within a couple of pages of the same penetration depth as the shorter barreled .380s. It didn't beat them but wasn't far behind.

But that's not why I carry it. I keep it because its the smallest gun I can still shoot well. DR
    CeltKnight likes this.

Another here with a Seecamp .32. I carry it infrequently but I love it just the same.

I carry a Beretta .32 Tomcat in my pocket when I can't carry my .357 six shot snubb revolver IWB. Never had it to fail. Loaded for everyday carry with Corbon. I like the .32 round thinking about getting another.
    CeltKnight likes this.

Distinguished Member
    The LCP in .380 is as small as I go and that is typically a BUG. I only use it as a primary weapon at the gym, while running or when I need deep concealment and nothing else I own will work. I carry it with Barnes TAC-XP.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links