Sig227 Trigger Shape.

Sig227 Trigger Shape.

This is a discussion on Sig227 Trigger Shape. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up this monster a couple of weeks ago. Although I am a 1911 guy, I believe this thing could grow on me. The ...

Thread: Sig227 Trigger Shape.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.

Sig227 Trigger Shape.

I picked up this monster a couple of weeks ago. Although I am a 1911 guy, I believe this thing could grow on me. The only issue that I have is the trigger shape. I has too much "curve" in it for my fat fingers. The lower tip of the trigger digs into my finger, it is shootable but I just seem to be overly concious of the trigger. My understanding is that Sig has different triggers, but I am unsure as to which one that I need. I have seen, on different sites, of Sig triggers for sale and people changing triggers. Unfortunately, I cant tell from the videos and pictures, which trigger is which. In the ads, the triggers look the same.

Perhaps, someone could tell by the photo, which trigger that the gun has and which trigger that I need. If anyone has any experience with the shape of Sig triggers I sure would appreciate any information.

Sig227Web.jpg
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Sponsor
    That's likely the srt trigger from Sig, you can convert it to their standard trigger if you prefer,
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

I don't think Sig makes different shaped triggers for their P series. Not sure about aftermarket. I guess I must be lucky, because the standard curve they've chosen feels great to me. You must have some serious meat hooks!

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    I don't think Sig makes different shaped triggers for their P series. Not sure about aftermarket. I guess I must be lucky, because the standard curve they've chosen feels great to me. You must have some serious meat hooks!
    P220 comes with standard trigger, but the srt trigger is easily installed on it. Sent two P series pistols to Sig for the srt conversion./

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Does the SRT kit bring the trigger more vertical? I don't know if I have the "Short reach trigger"(not to be confused with the SRT kit) or the "Standard Trigger".
    I do know that Standard Triggers and Short reach triggers are available individually. If the SRT kit brings the trigger back, thus more vertical. I would go for that.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskeetshooter View Post
    Does the SRT kit bring the trigger more vertical? I don't know if I have the "Short reach trigger"(not to be confused with the SRT kit) or the "Standard Trigger".
    I do know that Standard Triggers and Short reach triggers are available individually. If the SRT kit brings the trigger back, thus more vertical. I would go for that.
    No, just the opposite. The srt is the thinner more curved trigger [ yours ]. It solved two issues, trigger reach [ length of pull ] and shortening the reset for faster splits

Sponsored Links