Shield from 25 yards

This is a discussion on Shield from 25 yards within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know there are a lot of Shield threads but I wanted to share this for anyone thinking it falls in the "hardly useable, pocket ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Shield from 25 yards

Shield from 25 yards

I know there are a lot of Shield threads but I wanted to share this for anyone thinking it falls in the "hardly useable, pocket gun" category. It simply doesn't. Not only is it smallish, not only is it reliable, and not only is it light, it is dead nuts accurate, even from great distance. My 9mm Shield and I did this from 25 yards with the flush fit mag. I know, it isn't Les Baer accuracy or anything, but for a 3" gun and my pathetic skills (to dead pulls low left really hurt my group, I snapped the trigger), I was happy! Anything from 7 yards and in is point and shoot at whatever speed you like and it puts the shots in the sweet spot.

I have had the 40 and the 9 in this gun and the 9mm is a much easier version to shoot. The 9mm is so soft it isn't even funny. Yep, it is a great CC option and very concealable in a lot of ways. And all this for $400!
    Attached Images
    40Bob, Kilowatt3, Remy and 4 others like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    It appears that 25 yards is the new 7 yards! Great shooting with the pocket gun!
    Kennydale likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    That's good to know. I'm thinking of setting the wife up with Shield in 9mm.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Sweet shootin'.

Great shooting. I've had my Shield 9mm for sometime now and just added the 40 recently. Love the little guns.

I'm happy to see this. I've been conteplating a 9mm Shield and want a gun that is actually usable. Most of the small guns I've had in the past are not fun to shoot at any distance. I go out to the property on occasion and dont want to bring my long range handgun with my carry gun, I'd like it to be both!
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

I hit a 12" gong from 50yds 3 out of 5 shots last week. First 2 rounds gave me my elevation , net 3 were dead on. I like this little gun.

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    Good shooting !!!
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

I personally don't consider the shield a pocket gun. It's too heavy at 24 ounces loaded. I do consider it the small belt gun. I would be looking to use it that what to replace my g19. I like to carry appendix and the g19 I find too thick and heavy... Not to mention uncomfortable to carry that way.

Just ' bout the action Boss...

Wow. Smolckok45?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

That is very impressive shooting. Good job.
    smolck likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Great shooting.

I agree. Love shooting my 9MM Shield.

The Shield is one of the finest cc weapons available IMHO, mine has never missed a beat. It so easy to carry and shoots almost as goog as my 9C.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

Nice shooting, unless of course you were aiming for the head

Good work.
    smolck likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links